3D Racing game coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Emily-Jayne, May 4, 2013.

1. Emily-Jayne

Emily-Jayne Active Member

May 4, 2013
    Hello Touch Arcade

It's Emily from Jellypalm Games here. We are a new small development team (just the two of us!) about to launch our first title: the 3D racing game 'Exhilarace'

The game will be released in the next couple of weeks, but here is a sneak preview of a trailer to wet your appetite..

Hope you enjoy this!

Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding the game

Thanks!
    Emily

2. Artemys

Artemys Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    High-School Student
    Looks awesome and pretty smooth too! But how will this game be different from other racing games? :)

3. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013
    Thanks Artemys, appreciate your feedback

In answer to your question...it's all about the handling really. We've spent a lot of time working on the physics to ensure that it provides an authentic racing feel, whilst still being fun to play.

4. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Looks awesome, put damage physics in and I'm your first buyer.
    Also make the pedals disappear like they do on real racing 3. No need for them to stay on the screen the whole time.
    When this comes out, I'll give a whole lot of feedback, suggestions, ideas, etc. I love racing games.
    Just wish people could make NASCAR for iOS. I see it working :).
    Last please make a few different circle tracks please :) with online multiplayer. Not just Bluetooth and wifi, make it so we can play around the world thanks ;)

5. twittedapps

twittedapps Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    looks quite nice, are you using Unity?

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    What's the price?

7. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback tso. It's great to receive suggestions from racing game fans!

I'll pass all of these ideas on...

Emily

8. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013

No we are not using Unity, we developed our own engine for this game.

Emily

9. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013

The price will be $0.99 for the whole game (no IAPs ;))

10. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Can't wait .

11. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    #11 tso5818, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
    Your welcome :). Thanks.
    Will updates be free with upcoming tracks? Any car modifications? Like gear setups, car color, paint scheme?
    I love the look of the game, but one thing bugged me about the video is the skid marks you put on the track while you turn on the corners? Why do the cars have to go sideways like that? That a special feature you have in the game?

Edit: Here is more news from me.
    Would there be more than one type of car? I like the car graphics you put in the game. The controls and graphics of the map look like project gothen racing for Xbox. That's a huge compliment. The title screen where you pick what you want to do, like going to exhibition race, etc should be redone. Looks like it just got slapped on there. I think it's called the user interface(UI) I'm not sure.

P.S. I was going to ask maybe for a beta test promo code before you release the game? So I can help with future suggestions and ideas? I'm really really loving the trailer more than real racing games. Just looks like this game would be my fix for awhile :)

Last, could you add more that 5 AI racers to race against? I hate to race against little amount of people.

12. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013
    Thanks tso, some great suggestions there and thanks for the compliments.

Version 1 is already in submission, so should hit the App Store in a few days, but we will use feedback on that for future updates.

To answer your specific questions...There are currently 6 car paints to choose from, no car mods yet, but three different types of car (Novice, Racer and Pro). Trailer video shows the Racer type.

Re: skid marks. These only happen when the car is drifting, but this is avoidable depending upon your driving style ;)

Emily

13. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Alright sounds good, can't wait till it hits the store. No ads right? Hopefully it's as good as the trailer lol. I have iPad 4. Any special graphics for that device?

14. NIKEL

NIKEL Active Member

Oct 23, 2012
    RSA Engineer
    Is it ok to post here mine opinion?
    That game make me feeling that I see NFS 2 or 4. It's great that You made Your own engine, respect for that. Reflection? Yeah, nice feature. But, I think, the game looks a bit booring. More action, effects, tracks filled with live, better car models would be cool.
    But, it's awesome for 1st version.

15. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Graphics look nice, can't wait to try this game out! :)

16. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013
    No ads :)
    Thanks for the feedback.

The video trailer was captured from Exhilarace running on an iPad 2, which is non retina. On iPad 3 & 4 it runs at higher resolution, so looks even nicer.

Emily

17. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback Nikel :)

18. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback Kevin :)

19. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Thats awesome :). May i ask, how many tracks are there in this version? Also, will there be an option to increase the amount of laps we can have during a quick race. Would love to race longer than 3 laps, if the game handles great. Again if i may ask, because i think this question was skipped, but will there be more than 5 AI racers to race against. Would there be like 10+ AI racers to race against in a race?

20. Emily-Jayne

May 4, 2013
    There are 6 tracks, plus a further 6 reverse variants in Exhilarace.

Quick race options include 1, 2, 3, 5 or 7 laps.

There are 5 AI racers in version 1 because on a 3GS this is about the most we can manage with our complex AI.

Emily