Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2013, 10:40 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2tech View Post
the one that really took the cake for me was the great little mini-map that is a wider version (in miniature) of what is going on in the game so that you can see approaching off-screen enemies.
I'm glad you like that! That and the security camera that appears when either the tank is offscreen or your base is under attack were my favorite features to build.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:19 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

A small announcement: I've been working on the Mac OSX version of the game for the past week and it's 99.9% complete. Just one little issue with the UI and its ready to ship.

The Mac version of the game has the same touch controls as the iOS version, but it also has keyboard controls -- arrow keys to move Alex, z-b to spawn units and , . / to use perks, and u to upgrade lemonade.

Most importantly, it uses the same iCloud save as the iOS version so you can play on any iOS device, then switch to your big screen iMac and pick up where you left off.

I'm going to try my best to submit the OSX version to Apple today if I can get that last 0.01% of the game done.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:25 AM

Cool! I hope you get it through. The cross platform saves is also nice
Old 12-20-2013, 12:43 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
The cross platform saves is also nice
Yeah I love it, and now that I know how to make it work I plan to do this for all of our future games. It makes so much sense.

Seems the last hurdle to submitting to the Mac App Store has been overcome, so with any luck the Mac version may be out before Christmas. Highly doubt it though, maybe once the app store opens again.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:51 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Well, a few minor setbacks on the Mac version of Playground Wars...

First a rejection based on something stupid I did which made me just miss the deadline before the Christmas shutdown. Then once it reopened, another rejection for another stupid thing I did. Really, really minor stuff but apparently Apple is really stringent on the Mac store requirements.

So I fixed them up and resubmitted today. Word is that Mac games take 1-2 days to approve so my fingers are crossed for this Thursday.

I know there are a few people who had asked about playing on Mac, as well as a few who's older devices didn't play nice with the later levels. Since the Mac version uses the same iCloud store as the iPhone/iPad version, you can pick up on your Mac where you left off on your iOS device!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:58 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Finally! Playground Wars is out in the Mac App Store!

If you have iCloud enabled on your iOS device, you can continue on your Mac and switch back and forth between all of your devices. And the game looks gorgeous on the Mac, because there was no need for compression and lower res textures.

Here's the link: Playground Wars for Mac
Old 01-14-2014, 09:03 PM

Haha glad to hear you finally got it out, and I agree! The art looks extremely crisp!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:47 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks so much for your continued support, JCho133! I'm really happy with how the mac version turned out. We're even looking at porting to the Vita and DS since it looks so good.