GameSalad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jun 25, 2010.

1. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I was wondering if GameSalad is free? I've heard it's free but, I've heard it's $99. Is the $99 Apple's fee or is it GameSalad? So what I'm asking is it $100 dollars (just Apple's developer fee) or $200 dollars (Apple's and GameSalad's)?

(Sorry if it's in wrong place. Please move if it is :))

2. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    apple's fee is 100$, gamesalad is free. Only use it though, if you want to publish something on the app store, and don't know how to program. can't make high quality games with it.

3. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Then what does THIS page mean?

4. Read the left.
    "unlimited blah blah"

Those are te benefits you get for 99 dollars. Without it, you get ... Un-unlimited blah blah I believe lol

5. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    True all the games that I've played that used/uses game salad are horrible; no offence.

6. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    honestly that's probably due to the quality of the devs who use it

7. steelfires

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Sorry, I was wrong. I used the free version when I started to program, never needed to publish because just learning, so never paid.

8. steelfires

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!

9. You don't have to know how to program to make a good game... Heck, I made an RPG with Powerpoint, lol.

10. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    [​IMG]

I think some elaboration is necessary :p

11. LOL

I was kinda young at the time and I didn't spend much time on it or anything (like 30 mins every break and stuff) and it never got finished.

Basically, you had this text on the screen saying what is happening and what your choices were and on the right somewhere you had a pic of the area. Two buttons or so at the bottom of the screen were choices that your character would take. These buttons were linked to take you to different slides.
    It was very time consuming but I managed to *somehow* fit something in where the items the character picked up showed on the left of the screen! (copy paste and many hyperlinks)
    It led to a LOT of slides but since I never finished it, I never tuned it. It had a few path errors but given more time, I could have fixed those.
    'twas fun for many.

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    That sounds very time-consuming :p But pretty sweet actually. A "text-based" RPG made in Powerpoint. :cool:

13. Yep :)

I may make a newly refined one in the future. And actually finish it.

14. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    So I decided to try to make a game and I finished it (not that great of a game lol)(but I have never touched any game programing thing at all, plus I'm only 13)

15. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    lolwut!?

16. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    oh wait.... that sounds pretty cool.

17. APP-MASTER-360

APP-MASTER-360 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    I saw the video on YouTube for it. Can you add pictures from your computer to that. If you could, then (it would be really time consuming though) you could make all the graphics and just put it on to that.

18. Khakionion

Khakionion New Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Yeah, GameSalad is free to use. You can make games, and test them within GameSalad. What $99/year gets you is the ability to package your game as a Mac, iPad or iPhone application. You'll still need to pay $99/year to Apple to submit your application to the iTunes Store.