Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I still consider Shadowgun to be one of the best games on the iOS simply because of how gorgeous it looks, and how flawless the gameplay runs and how responsive the controls are.

Yeah there WERE glitches and all that but what game doesnt? Awesome part is that this game gets fixes.

2. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Win Asus Transformer Prime !!!

MADFINGER Games is running Sweepstake on SHADOWGUN fan page !!!

Win new awesome Asus Transformer Prime tablet

http://www.facebook.com/Shadowgun

Enjoy

3. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Exactly.

4. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Each to their own I guess but I love console third person shooters and I loved this too. It's brilliant and the controls work really well.

5. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I can't think of a single way IAP can be applied to a PvP multiplayer game that will end well. If the game is only MP, and the IAP doesn't give you a competitive advantage, then why would anyone buy it? The only other option, other than utilizing some form of player imbalance, is to go the consumable energy route, which tends not to end well either. If you force people to buy it, they will hate it. If you try to entice people to buy it, it has to give them an advantage. They're not going to bother with it otherwise.

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Well, TF2 is free and relies on in-game purchases as revenue. Besides the weapons (which can be obtained for free, through random drops), everything else is for aesthetic purposes (hats, paints etc.) and don't give the player any advantage.

I personally doubt that SHADOWGUN multiplayer will be taking this route, but it was just an example of a game that is free, has in-game purchases, and is successful.

7. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
  8. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    Nevermind the freemium play, Madfinger have given us iOS-gamers the middle finger with Android timed exclusivity. Can't really blame them though, NVIDIA probably paid them and they have not been making as much money on iOS as they had hoped. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come...with only 0.99$ casual games being made for iOS.

9. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Tegra 3 is just the beta, but I am surprised at the timed exclusivity. There was a post in the deadzone thread where marek said that iOS was still their lead platform, doesn't look like it.

However with all the problems the android version of shadowgun had on different devices and delays on updates, maybe they are just trying to pay their android fans back for sticking through the tough times.

Cant imagine iOS would have to wait that long, everyone knows thats where the moneys at.

10. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Does anybody have a problem with level 8 and 9 achievements? I can`t get them to unlock, but the rest work just fine! I played the level over and over, but noghting! It`s really bugging me...

11. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    When is multiplayer coming to iOS? we've waited long enough. .....

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, started playing this one again due to the massive disappointment of Mass Effect. I feel like I totally took it for granted the first couple playthroughs after experiencing that mess, and the couple of cover shooters that have come out since Shadowgun's release... MUSE, and Frontline Commando... Then MEI... With these other developers showing us what they can do, it's very easy to go back and see where all Madfinger really went right making this soon to be classic (how long does it take for a game to be considered a classic in the iOS world?)...

13. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    1 week

14. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    That long?

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #1136 Exact-Psience, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    The reason why I have Shadowgun in my top ten since it was released is how flawless the game became (after the updates). Titles like MUSE are ok but they lack the polish that Shadowgun has. It may not have the depth of other titles which have RPG mechanis or some deeper puzzle mechanics, but it is perfect at what it offers and what it has achieved.

Shadowgun will always be one of the best games on the iOS for me.

And i cant wait for the online multiplayer to be released.

16. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    thanks pal ;)

17. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    thanks dude

I hope that MP will not disappoint you. There are some delays,but we are making progress still and by end of march we will start beta testing on androids

18. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I agree that Shadowgun feels like the most solid cover shooter right now in the gameplay department, and eye candy never hurts. Is multiplayer still planned as a new app, cause I delete the campaign after beating it?

19. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Yes, it will be new app..