It's so sad....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slapshot, Aug 2, 2009.

?

How many iTouches have you seen with the same crap-apps?

1. 1-5

33.3%
  2. 5-10

9.8%
  3. 15-20

9.8%
  4. 25-50

3.9%
  5. I've seen so many it's sad..:(

43.1%
  1. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    It's so sad to see kids iPod Touches filled with crap-apps... One day I was in school and at breaktime every body was showing their iTouch and I saw what apps they had....Oh my god....It was sad....really sad... All of the boys had apps like iFart, Be like Lil' Wayne, Flashlight, iZippo Lighter, iBeer, and Shotgun. Then the Girls had, iMirror, Be Like Lady Gaga (No Surprise), Lie Detector Test, and iZippo (What's New...). Here's my point, look at the top paid apps, then look at the top free apps, there's something in common...it's the QUALITY! I mean look at "All 51 Games FREE!", the common iDevice owner probably thought "I can get 51 games for free!?! Awesome...." It's just sad to see apps like this come to the top and take hold of a spot for a while. It just makes me mad that there are devs out there who work their butts off to make a great game and it doesn't get any attention. It hurts! I'd be disappointed if that were me! Sorry about ranting but, I think the hard-working devs need a chance, not Khalid Shaikh, DS Effects, LOLriffic Stuff, or Royal Gadget. Who's with me? :)

2. darkedhunter

darkedhunter Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Brah, it does not matter as long as it makes them happy. Ignorance is bliss:).

3. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    dude i know exactly how you feel- then when some people see my iPhone they say "wow you have too many apps" or "how could you pay $10 for an app?!?!?!" it makes me so mad...

4. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    I get an ego boost knowing that other people have crap while I have a gold mine.

5. darkedhunter

May 13, 2009
    This topic reminded me that my friends are amazed that i can run windows 3 on my ipod;).

6. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well, being kids, they are probably not the richest of citizens and therefore will download any app so long as it's free. Regardless of quality.
    I get what you are saying but those kids can do what they want, and I don't blame them for only downloading free apps. At their age, it's not like they can afford all of these premium games which are coming out at quite a rate.

7. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Same for me when I run gba, nes, and psx emulators.

8. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    You make it sound like it's hard to access. In my area there's an itunes giftcard at every single checkout counter. I'm sure kids can afford 15$ a week on newspaper deliveries.

9. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    nowadays (in my area) kid are getting lazier and lazier. They don't want to do an honest job for honest pay

10. darkedhunter

May 13, 2009
    I am pretty sure paper boy is not even a real job anymore. Such an 80s thing. If your a kid your gonna have a hard time getting a job before 16, employers don't like the whole workers permeant thing. Not to say it is impossible, My friend works at a record store.

Just listens to music all day and gets $128 a week for 16 hours of work. Lucky bastard. :eek:

11. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Supermarket bagger, restaurant busboy, shelf stocker, there are alot of jobs.

12. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    well i meant Most kids i know are spoiled and wont bother to like mow the lawn and such things(again from what i see not all kids are lazy and spoiled0

13. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I take advantage of this and mow rich people's lawns. I get $110 a week for mowing three different lawns... It's about an hour and a half of work, and it's mostly driving around on my dad's riding mower... I do admit that part's a bit cheap, and I'm lucky I can use that. But still. Yay for rich people who dun like to mow their lawns. :D

14. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    As an app addict and a kid :)p) I always do chores to pay for apps. Mowed the lawn and pulled out weeds for D:R :cool:

15. darkedhunter

May 13, 2009
    I am just saying this from an employers standpoint. Would your rather hire a 15 year with a permeant that your have to give extra breaks to, or a 30 year old who would do anything for a job?

Its possible to get one of those jobs, but with an inflexible high schooler schedule with sports and stuff, your childhood is gonna take a major hit.

16. darkedhunter

May 13, 2009
    No one has a lawn in tahoe.:(

17. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    who would want to be like lil wayne....

18. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    #18 RobCRX, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009

I don't see many 30 year old baggers at my supermarket.

And your childhood is gonna end sometime, might aswell get ready for the real world and get a job, that's what I did.

19. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    uh..... who says every kid has a newspaper delivery route?

20. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    You guys are so critical. Just get off your lazy asses and get a job.