Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Anyone? :/

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

There are definitely a ton of cool modes we are looking to add in the future :)

Have you used taunt? It makes it so you can be knocked down. Also you have a 10% resistance to knockdown per armor point. So once you get 10 armor, you cannot be knocked down.

That definitely sounds strange... we're looking into it!

3. shadowhawkx

shadowhawkx Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    hi. i am having soo much trouble at stage 19 with my lvl 14 knight. those orc chieftains are soo tough they destroy everything i throw at them! any tips on what should i do?

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Never had any of these, but after reading the thread, I bought, and downloading now. Excited to give it a try.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Use your army. Sounds like you are trying to take down everything yourself... This game isnt like that :D

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    With Orc chieftains I normally swarm them with Peons, and just attack, then dodge, attack, dodge.

Depending on what skills you have you could just use Hero Strike and Valiant Charge, those work well if there are more than one Orc chieftains.

Peons are a lot more effective with Battle Academy, so if you have enough money to build that, do so!

7. 4fenris

4fenris Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I wish Engineer's crosshair changes color when an enemy is in range.

8. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

On our list for future update ;)

9. shadowhawkx

Aug 22, 2012
    Should i upgrade my peons and battle academy? I have them both on lvl 1 and even with battle academy constructed the orc chieftains oneshot my peons! Lol

10. PigDevil

PigDevil Member

Jan 10, 2013
    ah damn you foursaken for making me unproductive for an entire day, been hooked to this, I'm going to out together a guide for the game based on my experience with a level 12 knight, level 15 paladin and level 21 dwarf

if there is anything you would like to add or correct me, please feel free to do so :)
    this is the general guide for the single player campaign, I can make one for multiplayer if you guys like what I have here

GENERAL GUIDE for new players
    1. don't worry too much about which class you want to play with, trust me you will and should be playing the game on different characters in order to get the crystals needed for upgrades
    2. regarding upgrades, I found this game to be VERY generous in giving out crystals, I have not encountered a pay wall and don't think I ever will because you get more than enough to max the essential upgrades.
    3. upgrade your building/unit to level 3 or 4 because the final upgrade cost double and the gain is the same, it is much more beneficial to upgrade other things first
    4. there is definitely no cookie cutter way in beating the game, seeing as you need different strategies and upgrade path with each class, however try to level these up as fast as possible in the following order as they are quite essential for all classes

gold mine - MAX ASAP, the decreased cost of the gold mine is absolutely essential for you to build up your defense
    peon/pikemen - depending on which class you use, try to level these two up quickly as they are the backbone of your army/meat shields that you sent out to die
    keep - the increased hp regen is godsend patching you up quickly before jumping right back into the battle
    from this point on just upgrade whatever you like and depending on which class you use

for knight I suggest upgrading the peon related buildings and defence towers seeing as you would be doing most of the dirty work yourself
    for paladin, MAX all the upgrades related to peons, having a mass of cheap powerful peons is key to success
    for dwarf, upgrade the defense towers and dwarf units as you can boost their damage quite nicely with your passive

you should not be rushing to upgrade the walls as you should be constantly fixing them in the first place, a wall with high health is a wall that you cannot afford to repair

5. for leveling up skills, put one point in all the actives first as they are more than sufficient and are really useful, and then proceed to max the passive for decreasing building/unit cost (paladin and dwarf) and bulking up for knight
    from that point there are multiple paths that you can take depending on your personal preference

that is all for now, a big thank you to foursaken for making this amazing game and remember to support awesome developers like them, it is nice to see something of quality on the App Store that doesn't involve iap focused freemium games that we are seeing WAY too often these days

11. shadowhawkx

Aug 22, 2012
    Also, is there a way to respec or something like that? :p

12. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    YES. Definitely upgrade your Peons, you'll need that in later levels! :)

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Indeed. Peons are awesome for giving you time when you need it. Or for taking damage when pikemen or you are hitting the enemies.

And the Paladin class is amazing :O

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Peons are the backbone of each class simply because they are cheap and tie up enemies so they dont knock on your walls.

Plus, they are the best option for early defense for you to setup the more expensive options.

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    How do you guys deal with the armored archer skeletons? They are very dangerous and keep destroying my wall and the keep from the distance and Im the only one who runs around and keeps killing them. Is there another way?

16. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    All my heroes are lvl 9 now. Love the game.

What i miss is the possibility to sacrifice or replace weaker units during the game.

Thanks anyway for the really great game!

17. PigDevil

PigDevil Member

Jan 10, 2013
    at the early stages you have to be the person running around killing them while your peons keep you wall safe behind you, however once your army is big enough up they will simply overrun the archers in no time

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks, thats what i thought. What about long range units? Can any of them kill those?

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Barista towers. But you can't set those up until in early waves of a stage since they're so expensive. But in later waves I've found that if you manage to get up all 4 Barista towers, especially with 1-3 Repairman and maybe even a Longbeard if you got the money for it, those towers can take down not just those Armored Skeleton Archers, but they can take down Skeleton Captains, Orc Chieftains, Trolls and pretty much any big enemy besides Wraiths.

But in early stages, I usually just run around and kill those archers. :p

20. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Dont forget, an engineer with the fully upgraded craftsman skill, plus a run with -8% tower costs can build barista or cannon towers for 67 gold. Really changes yer way of looking at these things.