Universal Assassin's Creed Identity (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    8/10 pocket gamer. Summary : it's got some bugs, and it's got some quirks of gameplay now long standing famous for the series but definitely a good game.

2. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I always do the challenges too of course. In one of the stealth missions, I was detected but I still got the challenge reward. Maybe you aren't flagged until you engage enemies in combat. Needs improvement. Done up to the lv7 mission and two contracts

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The contracts are really the main part of the game. The campaign is almost an extended tutorial just to unlock the various abilities and get to grips with how the game works.

The game is a lot more fun and challenging once you get into the more advanced contract missions.

4. wim

wim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Asked a refund without explenation within 14 days

Its not that impresive

Really basic missions short game played 5/10 levels from campaign in 35 min

Gameplay is ok but basic

Not worth my time

5. FledgeFish

FledgeFish Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    It looks fun enough, I was just hoping it'd be more like the psvita game. I still want to play it though, sadly I was kind of relying on it being f2p.. Don't have the $6 right now.

6. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The game is a lot deeper than it first appears once you get into this stuff...

The campaign missions are just a warm up.

[​IMG]

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Why are people saying there is no story. There absolutely is a story. I've been reading it as I go along! There's pages of story every time I complete a mission.

I'm loving this game more and more. I do wish they would have currency doubler IAP. I'd purchase those.

Also no one has been talking about the mystery boxes. Watch the videos and unlock a ton of hem you get really great gear and gear you don't like you can sell.

Billy

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Haven't seen it mentioned so I thought I'd bring it up that my moga Xbox controller really really likes this game :) even the menus and whatnot are fully controller functional :)

9. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Yeah, I've been opening the mystery boxes every chance I get (I'm a sucker for that stuff).

The story is fine to me. It may not be as deep as Tolkien's writing....but come on, it's not that bad.

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#170 Der-Kleine, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    I don't think codex entries are a particularly good way of telling a story in a videogame. There's nothing wrong with using that kind of stuff for backstory, but not having any of it really happen in the game is about the laziest thing the developers could have done. How much story-related stuff actually happens in-game? Is there any connection what so ever between the story and the gameplay? Are there memorable characters with good acting? Do cutscenes do a good job of showing off cool and/or pretty stuff as well as advancing the plot? These are the kind of thigns I'd expect from an assassin's creed game, because honestly the basic gameplay of the series got old half a decade ago. (Since the android version isn't out yet I can't play it)

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #171 LordShad0wz, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    I guess that's true what you are saying. For me I just want to get in and do the missions and have fun with it. I enjoy reading the codexs to get the story part when I choose to instead of having to actually sit through videos and all of that. I don't want to sit through the cut scenes. I like reading my objectives and getting to business. My character acts with his blade lol.

I guess we are just different kind of players. What I'm saying is there is a story. There is a reason for things and why the missions are taking place as well as a plot line.

Billy

12. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    How do I get the black Altair outfit? I played the game in soft launch and it synced into my Game Center and Facebook, shouldn't I get my outfit? Also where are all the other outfits, like Ezios? I could swear it was in the soft launch version.

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I don't blame you and you are prolly doing the right thing when all is said and done :)

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

You know I never really understood the complaints from mods about games like these until now.:eek:This type of game is down to a science on the app store now.

15. Anonomation

Most of soft-luanch players lost their progress due to the gamecenter bug.

16. MacEleven

MacEleven Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Just spend the 5$ whether it's free or not it's a high quality game for your phone and quit demanding so much. If you want this or that or some of that stuff get a computer and leave the mobile gaming community because you will continued to be disappointed. I enjoy the game very much it has a lot to it.

17. Anonomation

There has been huge improvents since the initial 2014, and the only reason it wan't released is the tiny team being forced to support the myriad of android devices due to thousands of complaints from kids on forums and social websites.

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So those contracts cost a currency to play? Is that the currency you earn in game or do you have to buy it?

19. Anonomation

Developers almost always compensate when a premuim game goes free. I am absolutely sure that Ubisoft could properly handle that if it does happen.

20. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It's all in-game currency, and these heroic rank contracts earn much higher rewards than the basic contracts. I've already got two additional outfits without too much trouble, and no real money spent.