iPhone Plunderland - New Campaign Revenge on Ice *universal* 99 cent sale

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by joshsslade, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshsslade

joshsslade Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    #1 joshsslade, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    Our universal game Plunderland has a new chapter!

Follow @jtsgames to stay up to date

Sale is now over!

The update will be free to everyone who owns the game.

We have listened to feedback and there is a new Campaign that we have just finished and are currently running through bug testing and device support then we will be submitting to Apple for approval.

This is an ice themed campaign, the biggest and most varied we have made so far! Including a whole new physics system written from scratch for new Iceberg gameplay.

NEW FEATURES

- New player boat for the deadly cold seas
    - Entire new environments all ice themed
    - Inuit island inhabitants
    - Weapons: fire and ice.
    - Enemies: New enemy boats, creatures and events
    - Boss Fights: many encounters against our most beautiful and deadly creation yet. This will be revealed soon.
    - All new graphics to even higher standards
    - Completely new Iceberg puzzle gameplay with detailed physics and destruction
    - New items in the Shipyard
    - Survive new environmental disasters and traps
    - All known bugs fixed

We are showing our support for the game with this huge update, I cant wait to see what you all think. We will be releasing new screenshots and details along the way. Here are a few for now!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plunderland/id380486617

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Great news and great game. I recommend it to everyone, because it's quite unique in the AppStore.

3. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Thanks dude, hopefully this will spread the word a little more. Any help is appreciated

4. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    excellent news !

much appreciated :)

5. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Ah soup, I remember you from the original launch! Hope you like the update, its as much play time as the rest of the game. So basically doubling the campaign length

Wrapping things up today and tomorrow then submitting. Unfortunately iPad 2 seems to be taking forever with delivery so we will have to wait on new awesome features on that front. When we get them we will add more advanced rendering and physics to leverage the machine.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Totally cool! :D

Love this game, was always hoping for some more levels.

7. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    yep still there :)

well i ignored the first ipad, and just got the 2 cos a friend was in the states, so i thought i'll have a look at it, can always sell it on if i find no use for it.
    And i have to admit i'm impressed, its somewhat knackered my cynical stand on tablets, but apart from that, it's great, so i'll look forward to any graphical changes, etc !

8. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Nice good news, I cant wait to give it a go. Looking forward to see what I can get running on it.

Thanks im pleased to be able to update the game with a lot of new content finally, success always makes things complicated but we worked things out and this should be a good year for our games!

9. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    More plundering goodness ???

Fantastic news ! Plunderland has been one of my favorite games for the iPhone and iPad. It's one of the best games in the iTunes store, and it just got even better. I hope this update renews interest and brings in lots of new converts. Anyone on TA that hasn't played this game is truly missing out - get thee to the store and pick this up !

Can't wait to play the new levels. :D

10. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Thanks for the support! It means a lot. Glad you enjoyed the game.

I think youll enjoy the new gameplay especially the new boss!

If you could do one new thing with the islands/islanders what would it be? Its Inuit and ice themed remember

11. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Fantastic!!!

So glad I recently bought this game. One of the best.

12. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Thanks dude

Any island interactions youd like to see in the new campaign? might be able to squeeze it in before launch

13. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I have always loved this game but I do struggle with the tilt controls on the iPad, so a lot of times I will just play it on the iPhone.

14. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    We will be adding an alternative control scheme soon, hopefully in this update so you can play just with touch

15. Moarite

Moarite Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Looks interesting and special. I'll download today.:)

16. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Glad you like the look of it, let us know what you think. Would be great if you could leave a review.

Update is done just waiting for new sounds to be delivered then we can submit! Tweaked the boss fight so it is a good balance of challenging and fun.

Think I will put together some artwork to express the new campaign.

MODS: can you get rid of the spam above?

17. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    seems like the latest update doesnt work with the first gen ipod touch anymore , will you fix it or will the latest update only be available for newer devices

18. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Its been fixed in an update we sent out as soon as the issue arose but Apple is just taking a while to make it live. Sorry for the problem, the game will support all devices its just currently less than 4.0 has that bug, but that will go.

19. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    thats great news, cos you just feel search a total idiot waving your ipad arround :)

its a bit more subtle with a phone, so you look fractionally less of an idiot :)

20. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    This is one of my favourite iOS games. Great to see new content, can't wait to update it.