Midnight Club on your iPhone!?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by vbxz47, Aug 22, 2009.

1. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    One of those games that would work really well and needs to come out on the iDevices is Midnight Club. I have loved this game since number one and would love to see it on my iDevice.

How about you? Leave a reply and tell me if you want to see this on your iDevice and if you think it would work. Thanks!

2. Jacson-X

Jacson-X Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Borneo Island
    this is my favorite racing game, i also hope it will come out on the iDevices..

3. Maelick

Maelick Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Read Above
    Myrtle Beach, SC USA
    I as well have always been a fan of his racing series. Who makes it? That'll usually tell you if it's got a chance. I can't.remember :D

4. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    The devs are called Rockstar San Diego under the Rockstar Games umbrella (gave us GTA). Having Midnight Club on our devices would rock! I'd throw in Smuggler's Run as well. One of my all time favorite Gamecube games.

5. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    that would be ****in' awesome! Midnight Club LA Remix on the PSP was awesome, and I doubt the iphone 3g S can come near that graphics!

6. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    It would be fantastic but I don't think it'll happen.

To start off, the screen will be too cluttered, the iPhone has no buttons and so there'll probably be a lot of stuff on the screen like the Map, Speedometer and onscreen buttons for the acceleration, braking and special moves.

The iPhone may not be able to handle the graphics and framerate as well as the PSP, well maybe the 3GS but I don't think a 1st gen iTouch will be able to. It'll also be very big, the PSP version is more than 500MB!:eek:

If Rockstar is going to make a watered down port of Midnight Club on the iPhone I'd rather they didn't make it at all. It'll ruin their reputation if they do a bad port and probably won't be that enjoyable at all.

But who knows? Maybe the iPhone/iPod touch will evolve into something that's mind boggling and blows the PSP out of the water - and we'll see Midnight Club on the iPhone :D Until then, don't hold your breath.

7. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Look at NFS and Real Racing. They aren't cluttered.