Universal Dark Meadow (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

What is also incredible is how [insert name of man speaking to you here] never seems to repeat himself!

2. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    The voice actor's name is in the credits of the game, forgot his name though.

Anyway this is one my favorite games of the year. The story itself make it an insta-buy!

3. mrpenbrook

mrpenbrook Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Glad you like it, we listened to a lot of auditions and debated a good deal before casting the role, because your wheelchair-bound friend is basically "the guy" - your one real link to the story and the world.

The actor's name is Jeffery Gibson, he's a Chicago-area voice actor and teacher. I don't believe he has any other credits of note, which is surprising because he is so good! Not only was he really enjoyable to work with, but most of the VO lines he did for "Dark Meadow" he managed to nail in one take. He was probably harder on his own performance than we were; often he would request another take before we did! It was amazing seeing and hearing this character come to life. Hopefully we'll find opportunities to work with him again!

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    As long as that happens ONLY after quitting.

Actually, to build on top of that, why not restore you to the last safe room you visited? And again, only if you quit.

5. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Huh? Did I miss something? Was'nt this game supposed to be 6+ hr according to the dev? So no save points etc??

6. mrpenbrook

mrpenbrook Member

Sep 30, 2011
    The game always saves your progress in terms of story progression, end bosses defeated, levels achieved, keys, levels, weapons, gold and items acquired, but geographically you always start in the same room on floor one, not unlike the Zelda games.

We are investigating the inclusion of checkpoints or some other physical-location-preserving mechanism as part of a free update. It is kind of old-school to ask players to move back to square one, we admit. Old-school isn't always bad, but it's no good if you're not having fun!

7. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Ok got it, thanks. :)

8. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I actually like having to start at the same room every time I play this. I find myself not wanting to leave the game even more when in the hallways or different rooms just because i feel like I lose progress, even though I don't at all! Except my location. Even when you do respawn in the first room, you still progress through the game's story when you visit the same rooms and areas you've been before, so it doesn't feel like you're going back to square one while you're progressing, just when leave the game.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Actually, why not have a button in each safe room we go to that would save your progress - and add a menu option to hide/show it. Those of us who like restarting can play as now, and the others will have an option.

Personally I like it just the way it is, but I can see how others might not.

10. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I could've sworn Apple's GOTW was NBA 2k12 ;)

Congrats.

11. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    To people who has 3GS, does the game lag?

12. kinder771

kinder771 Active Member

Oct 7, 2011
    I have a 3GS, the game crashes after the video of introduction !!!
    I tried closing all my apps, reinstalling, rebooting, changing language, everything !!
    I heard lag on 3GS is normal...

Please, can you answer to this :
    1 - What firmware are you using ?
    2 - What country is selected in your settings ? (because the dev of the game told me it could maybe fix the crash)
    Thanks in advance for helping me !!!!

13. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Crash work around:

The crashes people are experiencing near the end of the video are, based on my experimentation, based on something to do with Game Center. I put my touch into airplane mode and... was finally able to play some last night. Once I was ready to go to bed, switched out of the game, turned off airplane mode, returned to the game, initiated an action and CRASH.

If you're experiencing the constant crashing try turning off the wi-fi (maybe logging out of GC would accomplish the same but it's easier to turn off wireless than re-enter your GC ID and password). You won't get any achievements, but you will get to play the game.

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Totally agree

15. kinder771

kinder771 Active Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Thanks a lot C.Hannum for your answer, i'm going to try that and tell you if it works.

16. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Game is really awesome but I'm kinda torn about having a map. I like exploring and trying to remember where I am. A map would make it alot easier tho so maybe it'll be better.Love the game tho.

17. kinder771

kinder771 Active Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Sorry C.Hannum, but Airplane Mode doesn't change anything... The game always crashes

18. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    No, it's Game Center (again). log out in Game Center and you can play. Worked for me.

19. kinder771

kinder771 Active Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Yeah it worked, thank you a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ummm

Try not being able to devote alot of time to it at one sitting then you might not like it...... :rolleyes: