Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    No way dude! That's an awesome video! You made my mind up that's for sure! :D

Maybe after I get some practice in I'll ping you for a MP game.

On a side note I never opened my AR cards and printed some out and shoved them in my case so I don't worry about them getting messed up. If they do I'll just print out some more! ;)

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
  3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

That cannot be in-game. The gameplay I saw from ign was NOWHERE NEAR that caliber of graphics. Animations were meh, there were no physics, no dynamic lighting and the textures were boring. Holy crap that looks like a full-fledged console title. This much improvement in so little time??

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

Killzone has been announced for vita?

Hey, how about a full fledged god of war title on vita, any rumors for that?

5. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    All of IGNs gameplay videos have been off-screen though. Makes it a lot harder to judge how games look, because the quality is lower than direct feed footage. There also hasn't been very much direct feed gameplay shown in trailers either... Which kind of annoys me, because I'd like to know how it really looks.

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It's local multiplayer only (wouldn't make much sense otherwise)

7. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #1947 tygamr, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    That's not true. There are quite a few Vita games that run using the native screen res. Some examples are- Rayman: Origins, Plants Vs. Zombies, WipEout: 2048 (though the resolution drops when things start to get crazy, like during combat events- though it does always have AA applied), Super Stardust: Delta (also has some AA going on), Motorstorm RC... There's a lot. The only games which don't run at native res that I can think of are- Uncharted, Unit 13, Hot Shots Golf, Modnation Racers... Almost all of Sony's first wave Vita releases (PSN games being the main exception). As far as I know, there aren't any 3rd party games that don't run full res.

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    No way to tell what the resistance game really looks like until it's out, I don't think you can really tell anything from the usual low grade youtube camcorder videos.
    Even with line video it's pretty hard to judge the games before you see them on the Vita screen the colours just don't do it justice, I've only seen one video that came close and I'm guessing it must have used a very good camera.

Little distracted from my vita at the minute with my new phone and a few games/apps I downloaded for it (mostly kairosoft), that won't last but at the minute I really think it's going to completely replace my iPod it seems to be much faster at everything even using the same apps, even internet wise the HDSPA seems to be even faster than my cable which is very surprising to me.

Don't know what I'm going to do with my iPod now I guess it will just become a permanent music dock.

9. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yea I see that.. Oh well pretty cool game for a cheap price! :)

10. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Killzone has been announced when vita was still called "NGP"
    And it looked good when they showed lil demo so I bet it looks better now

11. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I had wipe out for vita before and I don't think it was full res for the vita

12. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Well first of all, most recent gameplay by this German guy, there ARE good lightings, textures. It's tre animation is not great but I don't know which video you watched man.
    Caz I clearly been seeing lots of gameplay with good lightings and textures

13. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #1953 HardcoreEricXXX, May 24, 2012
    @ Jinathin_X_x and JBRUU: If you click the M/Quote button on each post that you want to refer to, it'll quote each of those posts in one single post from you. The last post that you want to respond to, you press the Quote button. Instead of having 3 different posts quoting a different person in each.

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    It kind of does. It has a dynamic resolution- it's normally native, but when things start to get really hairy, it lowers the resolution to maintain the framerate. It always has AA on though, so it makes the resolution change harder to notice. It normally lowers on combat events, but can on others as well.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I just watched some preview that was around 10 min long from ign. It had a guy with a camera looking over his shoulder playing the game for maybe 5 min. Maybe it was the camera, or maybe it was an build, but it didn't look so hot. Esp not like those screenshots. If those are really in game than my jaw is officially unscrewed. Wow. Wonder what the framerate is, though...
    What's the framerate for golden abyss?

I can't quote multiple people because I don't have access to a PC and I'm using the TA app. Sorry about that.

16. #1956 Haruhi, May 24, 2012
  17. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I dont know How to measure frame rates but so far I know, it doesn't drop framerate that often and 10 min video from ign? That's is really old video I am guessing.
    Just check out all these different people on YouTube and showing up the copies they got.
    I should've pre ordered it, because most of people who pre ordered, already got their games

18. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Yeah I cant quite figure that one out... also just saw that Resistance demo is coming out next week too.

19. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  20. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010