Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mitchismo

Mitchismo Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Here Here!

This game is amazing. An instant classic to be sure. I can't get enough. It's the perfect combination of my two favorite genres, FPS Slashers & Tower Defense. And you outdid it. Management is easy. Micromanagement isn't necessary. Your troops behave predictably. It's perfect. Perfect!

An instant tablet classic. * * * * * / * * * * *

2. shadowhawkx

shadowhawkx Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Ok so. I have peons, pikemen, captain, blacksmith, goldmines, battle academy, keep maxed out. Now what should i focus on? Also on my pally got maxed unit reduction cost and all actives on lvl one. Whats should i spend skill points on now? Ty

3. Blunderbuss they kick so much a@@ they will hold ur wall no mater what and when ur overwhelmed here scatter attack is pirfect for crowd controll

4. I don't believe I'm saying this but I'm more addicted to this game than to coffee...

5. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    foursaken media:
    How will we get new upcoming characters that are coming in update? I hope it will not be with in-app purchase :(

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I would glady do iap for the new levels,heroes and expansions for this game

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Robot! Robot! Robot! Robot! Robot!

My suggestion or a future character. Was thinking more on the steampunk side of things, since we already have the guntoting Dwarf. :)

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Max out all active skills, shield and heal are very useful for supporting your units, especially peons.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same.

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Indeed. Im throwing my money at my screen already.

11. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    This game definetly needs a wizard!

12. Ne0ndrag0n

Jan 6, 2012
    Hey it's legolas and treebeard!

13. Okay, I'm only buying this so I can beat you up! :p

Add me: Connector777

14. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    And a frog costume! :p

15. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We have it so all new heroes and skins can be bought with standard crystals. We have no plans for adding a premium currency or anything like that.

You do however, have the option of instantly unlocking a new hero with a non-consumable IAP for each hero, if you're impatient :p There is also a one time, non-consumable IAP you can buy to unlock all the skins for all heroes (including all future skins) if you want to go that route. I think the first update will include at least 1 alt skin per hero; some will have 2. Otherwise again, you can unlock everything with in-game currency.

;)

16. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    How much will it cost?

17. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Great game! Foursaken, you guys did a great job on this. Like everyone else, I'm addicted. :)

That said, I do have a few comments. First, the sound could be a bit better. The music gets very repetitive (I usually prefer listening to game music than my own for full immersion) as do the "your castle is under attack" alerts - there's a variety of them, which is nice, but they play too frequently I think. Hell, the castle is ALWAYS under attack! :p Also, the paladin's hit sound could be better - it sounds too soft. It should sound like a huge hammer crushing bone! :D

Second, cloud sync isn't working for me. I've tried running the game on both devices and quitting fully on both devices. What was weird is that I got a cloud update notice on my ipad while playing on it - it happened right after getting the request to rate the game.

Finally, I'd love to see different castles! Or does that come later in the campaign? I've only finished the first 5 battles for each character so far.

18. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    +1000

A warlock could be cool too. :p

19. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Just had to pop in here real quick to congratulate Foursaken on passing Angry Birds on the charts. You've arrived! hahaha Good work.

20. Ne0ndrag0n

Jan 6, 2012
    Wow co-op is intense! Just survived 9 minutes with a level 6 paladin