Need help with an English translation.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Tenb, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Dear friends, I ask you to help myself from the Ukraine, and not speak much English, so ordered the translation of texts. But I think that the translation is not qualitative. I ask English speakers to evaluate a translation below. I would be very grateful to you ....

Ancient legends are truthful. But nobody will believe in it, won't face yet trouble face to face. To forget about the past and to lead measured life or to go to an uncertainty meeting a choice for you … How here to refuse if on a game there is a life of the beloved daughter. And the past which you when that lived and I tried to forget all this time haunts. "The book dead", the demonic worlds, all these portals quite recently seemed nonexistent, … but you can't but believe own eyes. After all now not only life of your daughter in danger, but also your soul hangs between the world live and dead.

To possibility of a graphic cursor a Unity3d it is capable to transfer completeness of feelings of world around. You will plunge into the mysterious history which outcome entirely depends on you. Amazon jungles, the desert, caves, a next world Akat, Europe you should pass all these places own forces and reason because the help has no place to wait …

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    If you paid someone to translate that text into English, you should request a refund. The English is difficult to read and often incorrect.

3. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Many thanks, yes I paid for the full $ 100, now we will deal with a different translator.

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    If you request a refund from the original translator, tell them the sections in red are poor or incorrect English. ie: most of the text.

---
    Ancient legends are truthful. But nobody will believe in it, won't face yet trouble face to face. To forget about the past and to lead measured life or to go to an uncertainty meeting a choice for you … How here to refuse if on a game there is a life of the beloved daughter. And the past which you when that lived and I tried to forget all this time haunts. "The book dead", the demonic worlds, all these portals quite recently seemed nonexistent, … but you can't but believe own eyes. After all now not only life of your daughter in danger, but also your soul hangs between the world live and dead.

To possibility of a graphic cursor a Unity3d it is capable to transfer completeness of feelings of world around. You will plunge into the mysterious history which outcome entirely depends on you. Amazon jungles, the desert, caves, a next world Akat, Europe you should pass all these places own forces and reason because the help has no place to wait …

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If you're interested, I speak both Russian and English fluently and could help you with a better translation.

6. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Thank you very much, I've had a promo code from the game that I'm almost done for you as soon as I released it.

I'm already reworking the text. I'll have two days you again to check it out.

7. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Да мне это очень интересно, мы могли бы с Вами сотрудничать.

Yes it is very interesting to me, we could cooperate with you.

8. OnlyJoe

OnlyJoe Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Auckland
    I would assume the first part should go something like:

The legends are true. Nobody dared to believe it. A great evil is coming. Two paths diverge before you, will you fight for your daughter or run. .... At this point I get totally lost, can't work out what is being said at all in the second part... And then the end would be .... Your soul hangs in the balance between the living and the dead.

9. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I hope you can receive a refund since the translation was very bad for the price you paid! I wish you the best on this upcoming project as it seems to be your most ambitious. I just bought and loved Mental Hospital II, and now I'm looking forward to all of your games. :)

This is the best I could surmise from that translation, and even then I'm sure I'm off given how poor it was.

"The ancient legends are true. Demonic worlds, the Necronomicon...all of these seemed like fairy tales. But your daughter's life now hangs in the balance, and your soul is stuck between the world of the living and that of the dead. Will you try to forget your haunted past and live a full life? Or will you venture into the darkness?

This game utilizes the Unity3D engine bringing you detailed visuals and unparalleled immersion in the world around you. Plunge into your dark past with multiple endings dependent on your choices. You will visit luscious jungles, vast deserts, mysterious caves, and more. But move swiftly as evil waits for no one!"