3Ds Max Art/Animation generalist available for work

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by petes117, Mar 2, 2011.

1. petes117

petes117 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    #1 petes117, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Hi forum-goers,
    I am currently available for any freelance art or animation work.

I have over 3 years industry experience working full-time as a general 3D artist in New Zealand creating short animation clips from storyboard to final render for jackpot gaming systems both as an individual and as part of a team.
    I am proficient in 3DsMax, mental ray, Character Studio, Blender, Backburner, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, Gimp and Unity.

I have been working on my own iPhone game in my spare time and have completed all art assets for it, though the development is hanging in limbo...

One published game that I contributed to can be played at ESPN Arcade here: http://es.pn/e3Lyok
    I created the background textures and animations.

My rates are flexible depending on the project. Feel free to email me for an estimate or any other questions.

Email: [email protected]

Be sure to check out my Showreel:

[hqyoutube]40ios0NA9mo[/hqyoutube]

and more here:
    http://www.indianagames.co.nz

Cheers,
    -Pete

2. tnoble8888

tnoble8888 New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Product development consultant
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    #2 tnoble8888, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    Did great work on my recent 3D game demo project!

Hi to All,
    I just want to let others know Pete does great 3D work and is very reasonable. We just completed a couple weeks work on a 3D demo for a physical game and I am very happy with his attention to detail and overall responsiveness. We will be doing more biz...
    He did fantastic with the bot movements and ball action... really captured the feel of the game. I am now adding sound elements to the demo.
    I would like to make this a video game, it would be great...just need help.. let me know.
    Here is a pic.
    Thom

Attached Files:

3. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Thanks for the kind words Thom!
    I enjoyed working with you and would be happy to do it again in the future.

Here's a couple pics of some other work I've recently finished, a high-poly but untextured pickup truck (just threw a quick procedural material on it for the render).
    I will be posting other images soon

Attached Files:

4. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    #4 petes117, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    Here are the promised images, can anyone guess who this handsome chap is? ;)

He's actually quite low poly - less than 2000 triangles. Theres just a lot of smoothing in these images. So it wouldn't take much to get him game engine ready.

Next up I want to model a tongue and some teeth so I can give him some expressions and animate him saying a few lines! It'll be shiny

Attached Files:

5. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Mal: Animated!

Following up my last post here is Mal animated saying a few lines :)

Attached Files:

6. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Now with improved eye animation and skin shading:

[hqyoutube]eM2hMBdvGFI&hd=1[/hqyoutube]

7. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I still have some free time if anyone has some work available.

I'm currently doing some "faked 2D" sprite animations (still using 3ds max for it) but can't post them online just yet as the project is under wraps for now.

This is a night-time port scene I made a little while ago but it didn't end up getting used for anything. Its less than 3500 triangles with eleven 512x512 textures and baked lighting so it should work well on mobile platforms.

[hqyoutube]dXmdOwz9qdA[/hqyoutube]

8. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    #8 petes117, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    I'm available again now, it won't last! Busy bee :) Get in touch if you need some 3D work done.

I have been doing some work for Seunta LLC. Here is what they had to say about me:

"Peter's tenacity and skill at problem solving is priceless. It takes a certain level of passion for what you are doing to maintain enthusiasm after the many hours it takes for some projects. We feel fortunate to have connected with him." -Sherry Carr, CEO, Seunta LLC [Chimera: Realm of the Horse]

Their website: http://www.seunta.com/

9. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Mr. Laurent

Hey all,

Just wanted to drop in and let you know Peter Laurent is freaking fantastic at turning sketches into 3D models.

I'm working on a game called Solomon Dark, and because of the need for more animations of the title character, I hired Peter because he claimed he could make the cloth do exactly what I wanted it to do.

I had my doubts, but hired him tentatively.

I sent him sketches. I described what I wanted. And then he sent back models that looked so much like my sketches that I was rubbing my eyes. And every control I requested was right there and easy to use. What more can you ask? Well, I asked for a revisions and he got them to me at extreme speed.

If you're a fan of Solomon's Keep or Solomon's Boneyard, you'll see a lot more of Solomon in future games because of Peter's modelling, cloth, and rigging.

I liked his work so much I hired him over and over again, to brilliantly turn sketches into 3D game objects.

Solomon Dark isn't done yet, but when it is, most of the statues and most of the clothes were modelled by Peter. You should hire him, but try not to take up too much of his time because I need him to do a few more things. ;)

10. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    #10 petes117, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    All quiet on the front

Hello, it's been a loong time since I posted on TouchArcade! Wasn't that a kind message John Raptis posted above :)

Sadly towards the end of last year I had little work coming in, so I made the best of it and wrote a book. Yep really!

It's a fun SciFi novel that hit the Bestseller List on Amazon at #5 in SciFi Adventure back in February. Check it out: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B95YRQ8/

While I am writing the sequel at the moment, I still do 3D stuff as well, so get in touch if you need anything!
    My Twitter is @petes117 if you just want to chat or keep up with my latest news.

Cheers,
    -Petes

Attached Files:

11. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    sneak peek

Hello, just a quick note to say I am available for work right now, but that may not last long so email me quick if you need some help with your character art/animation!

I am preferably looking for ongoing collaborations on long-term projects, either full-time or part-time would be great.

Here's a sample from a game I worked on which getting very near to beta. This video is old and the game has come a long way since then, but you can see some of my in-game character art and animation:

12. petes117

Mar 18, 2009
    3D Animator
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Edited the OP with an updated link for my latest portfolio showreel. Enjoy!