Pirate Power from Godzi Lab

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by moleki, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    #1 moleki, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    We just announced our new game Pirate Power which was submitted to Apple. We will soft launch it first in Canada once approved.

We originally started this idea as a spinoff of Happy Street more than 2 years ago, and it became an entirely new game about pirates, fights and exploration. After 2 and half years of hard work we are super happy to announce our latest game.

Here is a bit more info about the game.
    Pirate Power is about building a fleet, recruiting heroes, fighting and exploring the world. We created a unique combat system, with battles in real-time involving different fighting tactics.
    [​IMG]

All the boats can be fully customized, each part of your boat can be swapped and upgraded, adding a strategic dimension to the game.
    [​IMG]

There are more than 50 heroes that you will be able to meet and recruit along the adventure. They will also bring different skills to the battles, such as healing, throwing lightning, tornadoes, slowing down the time, sabotage, repairing and more.
    [​IMG]

While exploring the world you will be able to discover bosses, monsters, new cities, and earn some precious loot to develop your own fleet and village.

[​IMG]

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oo I wondered what you've all been up to! I played Happy Steeet for quite a while so I'll certainly try this. So it has a town like happy street but then added exploration and battle? Rpg elements?

Any better idea when it may hit the store?

3. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    That's right, you have to build your village and your fleet and then go fight and explore. There's some RPG elements to Pirate Power, you have to recruit your crew and then level up each hero to improve their unique skills.

We just submitted the game to Apple, and once approved we will soft launch it in canada only.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That sounds good and I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done with it. But aww don't Apple take 2 weeks to review games? It's ok though I'm a honorary Canadian.

So I've seen its been in beta already is the softlaunch to check for bugs or will you still be collecting feedback too? Any idea how long the softlaunch will be also?

5. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Is this in the canada store already?

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Not yet, submitted for approval.

7. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    We submitted last week, so hopefully it will get approved this weekend :)
    The game is not finished yet, we are still working on some features (social, events, and a few more), the soft launch is mostly to test the scale of our servers, tune the game, find the last bugs and give us some more time to polish the game. :)

8. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    But the player's data won't get wipe in soft launch right?

9. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    That's correct, everything will be kept. We have been beta testing the game for several months, so it's really stable already.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #10 ste86uk, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    That's good to hear, I'm usually pretty good at finding bugs and things. But always happy to help with a game that interests me.

What is the combat like? From the looks of the Pirates on ships it looks like another game I played, similar to kind of angry bird mechanics but battling with different abilities.

Also since its been in beta for a while do you already have a version with promo codes for early access or was it all testflight? Either way looking forward to trying, this weekend would be good.

Edit: just thought I'd edit and add that I'm looking forward to it so much because I loved happy street and iblast moki and number 2 and you guys are great at updating your games. Happy street was supported for such a long time in a time where many devs don't even fix bugs because they can't afford to.

11. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    The combat is actually similar to one of our other game Stardunk, funny to say this game is actually a mix of all of our other games (Happy Street, Stardunk and even iBlast Moki in the physics)

If you don't have a canadian account, I can send some promo codes, I won't have them until the app is approved.

Btw, Happy Street is still updated, we just updated it today with some content for the high level players :)

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #12 ste86uk, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Hm it'll be interesting to see how combat works based on all of those games.

I did notice that you updated Happy Street again as I'm using happy street to click on the other apps you've made looking out for this new one.

I do have a Canadian account but I can't make purchases on it as my proper account is in the UK

Edit: I sent you a PM with my email or you can PM me back on here f you did get a promo code for the UK store instead.

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Aw I checked all weekend but no luck. I didn't think it would get approved on the weekend though. Hopefully Monday though.

14. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    WHAT!?!?! Why not release in us??? Gg another good pirate game not released in us

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Nobody softlaunches in the U.S. the place is huge and it defeats the object of a softlaunch.

I'm sure it'll be released there as it will be here in the UK once they are ready for worldwide launch.

16. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    Pirate Power is now live in Canada. Make sure to post your feedbacks in this thread and let us know us how you like it (or not) :)
    http://apple.co/1NuCVw5

17. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    #17 kenken11, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    Having fun with the game. Pretty humorous.

Just to check on a few things.

1) I can't seem to customize my name? It tied to my Game Center name?

2) is there pvp function?

3) Is the progress tied to my gamecenter account? If I changed a new iPhone. I still can get back my progress?

Thanks

18. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    That's tied to Game Center

Yes, you have to beat the 3rd encounter (Arthus) to unlock it.

Yes, you can play on different devices as long as you share the same Game Center account

19. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Can you guys pm when the app is available in the US. I know you guys said for canada for awhile while u guys get it worldwide but how long would that be? I seen devs with good games who do soft launches n never see the light in US even after years.

20. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi dev, everytime a phone call came in and when I am in the middle of the game. The game restart all over and my sail timer is wasted. It's should not be like this. The game should pause and after my call it should be able to resume :(