Pénombre from Empty Flask Games

02-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the beta invite. I just started playing it. Looks good so far.
02-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Beautiful & eerie at the same time.
Wonderful looking game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
Thanks for the beta invite. I just started playing it. Looks good so far.
Glad you like it

Anyone else interested to Beta test? I'd like to get more Droid users (Should probably have posted in upcoming Droid games tho...)

02-09-2014, 12:13 PM
I am interested. I sent you an email as requested. I am not an android user though.
02-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Hi everyone!

Happy to announce that Penombre's release date is locked: February 27th.

Thanks to everyone who tested the game and sent me feedback.

Launch's price will be $0.99 (normally $1.99).

Cheers!!!
02-17-2014, 08:22 PM
I beta tested on android. Glad I did. Following is my review.
Thank you.
- Lavender

Penombre is a type of runner that keeps you coming back for more.
The sounds of laughter and music give an eerie quality to the surreal look of the design.
At almost any moment of the game, you can take a screenshot and have a true piece of art.

The little witch who is trying to get home faces many obstacles and you'll feel just awful when she says; "OW (ouch)" and you'll want to try again.

Unlike so many other runner games, this one lacks monotony:
There are different levels so the game changes up a bit as you get better and the levels you've passed change to infinite (endless) so you can beat your score or just practice for the harder levels. Believe me, you'll need it. There are also different goals to meet throughout the game.

I'm not one to ruin surprises. So excuse for sounding a little cryptic when I say, you'll love the fun extras when you've beat/passed a couple levels. I will say this. 'Sometimes a little witch has got to do what she loves to do.'

Want to know what I meant by that? Then get the game. I'm glad I did.

Last edited by Lavender; 02-17-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Some symbols showed after some sentences that I had not put there. Edited to take them off. Strange ??
02-18-2014, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
I beta tested on android. Glad I did. Following is my review.
Thank you.
- Lavender

Penombre is a type of runner that keeps you coming back for more.
The sounds of laughter and music give an eerie quality to the surreal look of the design.
At almost any moment of the game, you can take a screenshot and have a true piece of art.

The little witch who is trying to get home faces many obstacles and you'll feel just awful when she says; "OW (ouch)" and you'll want to try again.

Unlike so many other runner games, this one lacks monotony:
There are different levels so the game changes up a bit as you get better and the levels you've passed change to infinite (endless) so you can beat your score or just practice for the harder levels. Believe me, you'll need it. There are also different goals to meet throughout the game.

I'm not one to ruin surprises. So excuse for sounding a little cryptic when I say, you'll love the fun extras when you've beat/passed a couple levels. I will say this. 'Sometimes a little witch has got to do what she loves to do.'

Want to know what I meant by that? Then get the game. I'm glad I did.
Thank you again for the great early review Very happy you had enjoyed the game as much!
02-18-2014, 06:20 AM
That review has me excited!
02-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone!

Quick update and great news about the game!

We have pushed the release date for Penombre as we will be partnering with a publisher.

We will have more news soon for the revised dates.

Cheers !!!
02-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGames View Post
Hi everyone!

Quick update and great news about the game!

We have pushed the release date for Penombre as we will be partnering with a publisher.

We will have more news soon for the revised dates.

Cheers !!!
Looking forward to hear more!