Chopper 2 (Universal) $2.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by drdreh, Dec 31, 2012.

1. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
  2. AndyKorth

AndyKorth Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Game Developer
    Yeah! Chopper 2 is one of the apps participating in the New Year App Blowout! So a huge thanks to MajicDave for joining. The full list is at http://www.newyearappblowout.com/

3. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Chopper 2 hasn't been updated in over a year. Pass.

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL

Chopper 2 - GameClub

GameClub
    Take flight in 36 different missions set across 12 different locations. Master the controls of your speedy and agile hel…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Take flight in 36 different missions set across 12 different locations. Master the controls of your speedy and agile helicopter as you take on missions in some of the deadliest terrain on the planet. Use your machine gun, missiles, and bombs to fight back against the enemy forces. Battle rocket-launcher wielding soldiers, anti-aircraft turrets, tanks, and even enemy choppers. Get hands-on with advanced motion controls or play with a virtual stick to replicate an arcade feel. Dodge trees, weave through flocks of birds, and navigate mountains and canyons. Strafe across rooftops in cities packed with skyscrapers, while keeping an eye out for bases where you can repair your chopper and replenish your ammo. And if you're ready for a real challenge, you can choose between multiple difficulty settings to see if you have what it really takes to survive. - Get to the Chopper: Pilot a speedy and deadly attack helicopter on a variety of missions! - Go on Missions: Take on 36 different missions spread across 12 different environments! - Explosive Weapons: Attack your enemies with a devastatingly accurate machine gun, launch powerful missiles, or drop a curtain of tank-busting bombs! - Super Controls: Play with a virtual stick to replicate the arcade feel, or use motion controls for the ultimate in fine maneuvering. - Pick Your Difficulty: With multiple levels of difficulty to choose from, you can find the level of challenge just right for you! ************************************************** GameClub is a subscription mobile gaming service. If you like our games, try our auto-renewing monthly subscription for 30 days free, and play all of our games with no limits, no ads, no hidden fees, and no other in-app purchases. If you choose to purchase GameClub’s optional subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. Terms of Use: gameclub.io/terms Privacy Policy: gameclub.io/privacy _________ If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] Facebook: facebook.com/gameclub Twitter: twitter.com/gameclub Thank you!
    Information
    Seller:GameClub
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jul 27, 2010
    Updated:Apr 09, 2021
    Version:1.7.35
    Size:102.6 MB
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    If you get it and test it out and actually like the game, post something. I'm on the fence with this one... but it reminds me of Super Army War (GBA) and it's sequel Glory Days 2 (DS) which I had a good time with.

6. Sure, I've actually had it for a long time. You control the chopper with a virtual joypad with your left hand. Your other finger shoots to where your right index finger is. There is also a bomb button in the right.

Mainly you fly around shooting at other planes, tanks, soldiers, while evading some birds. You have to go rescue hostages and land and collect them, then take them them to a cabin.

I think the game is worth a buck, it is a sound game, and if you like this genre, you will like the game. It is mission based and has a lot of different things to do.

The things I didn't like about the game is lack of retina ipad graphics and the stuff on the screen is very small. That's why I want to play it on my tv cause non retina ipad games look great on it.

I would recommend the game, especially for a buck.

7. Woohoo!

Chopper 2 on my tv via hdmi airplay! Ipad as console, and iphone as wireless joystick!

Attached Files:

8. #9 Connector, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    Ipad side

If any of you were curious what the ipad looks like in console airplay mode, take a look at what the ipad looks like compared to the tv.

Also, this game does not use joypad app. You must have this game both on your iphone and ipad to use your iphone on a joystick.

Airplay is so awesome. Never realized how sweet hdmi would be. Games like Dariusburst, Deathsmiles, alpha zero, Asphalt 7, NfS mist wanted, dang, I like these games better on my ipad vs the xbox due to the touch and tilt controls. An awesome experience.

Attached Files:

9. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #10 nightc1, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback. Downloading now.

It's strange that they don't use their own proprietary separate control pad app for this game that's published right next to it on the appstore.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chopper-2-wireless-controller/id417671744?mt=8

10. You can use that app. I meant the joypad app that is written by another developer. You can play games like mikey shorts, infinity field, silverfish, bee leader etc, with the main one.

This one uses its own proprietary engine.

11. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Ah, ok. I thought it was strange for them to publish something for the game that doesn't work.

Maybe I need to look into this other more generic joypad app... it could be handy for other games.

12. Did you have an ipad?

http://getjoypad.com/

Joypad Game Controller

Use your iPhone as a game controller for iPad games! 50+ games are supported. Install and then go to getjoypad.com/games.html for a list of games to install on your iPad.
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Use your iPhone as a game controller for iPad games! 50+ games are supported. Install and then go to getjoypad.com/games.html for a list of games to install on your iPad.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:
    Release:Apr 16, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

13. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Nope. Oh well. Could have been cool with Super Mega Worm.

14. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Is there much involved in getting this working?

15. No, it's easy. It's airplay, so you can use hdmi adapter or apple tv. The ipad changes to console mode. Download the iphone app, and it'll connect by wifi. Pretty easy. It's cool, try it. Games like this or beat hazard play wonderfully on airplay.

16. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Updated with what? Sure, widescreen would be cool but how long can one dev keep updating one game? It's there, and it works as advertised.

17. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    It doesn't know about iPhone 5 or IOS 6. Look at the reviews.

18. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Complainers are gonna complain. It gets sick reading reviews on iTunes these days and a game gets one star because it doesn't support widescreen or retina it something (nor does it advertise that it does). For a buck or two as long as the game works and continues to work in future versions of ios, I'm fine with it.

This game works fine on my iPhone with 6.0.1. So I'm good.