With all these Zombie games...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bigE1669, Jul 27, 2009.

1. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    Where is Typing of the Dead? It seems like that would be a no-brainer on the iPhone.

2. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    LOL! Excellent!:D

3. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Haha, I briefly considered converting an older FPS in my back catalog into a "Typing of the Robots" for ipod/iphone. This type of game would seem a no brainer aside from the obvious downside: the onscreen keyboard would have to be big enough to use, leaving almost no room for the tasty graphics of advancing monsters. Maybe with the right mix of translucency it could be pulled off.

4. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    If you can make it, go for it. I'd pay $5 for it at least.

5. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    making the keyboard fit onscreen would be tough but if someone can make it work im all for it!

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    For those who weren't around during the Dreamcast era.

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    "zombies", "no brainer"...argh

8. bigE1669

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    Ha! I didn't think anyone would catch that. I will never underestimate the TA forums again.

9. bigE1669

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    If you can could do it right, with all the same type of goofy sentences. I would buy it. TotD was pretty hectic. I think a game for the iPhone would have to be a little slower. BTW, I still have TotD on my pc.

10. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    man this takes me back. dreamcast was the bomb in highschool

11. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Aw man I've downloaded the PC version of this game (since I'm sure it's abandonware...) and have played the crap out of it! The only reason I really would have trouble recommending it if they did make it is the iPhone has a crappy keyboard that is kind of hard to use quickly without making a mistake, which you need to do in TOTD. Also, the keyboard takes up half if not most of the screen in both landscape in portrait mode so it would look REALLY weird in landscape due to the new weird screen size and in portrait it would be hard to see the letters you need to type. The only way I can think of that would prevent this would be a transparent keyboard but it would be tough to see the letters and they would get in the way of the words you have to type. I'd much rather see one of the House of the Dead games, preferrably 4 if possible since there's no home version yet. Otherwise I'd go with 2. Easy controls, tap to shoot, shake to reload, shake to get zombies off in 4 and have a small grenade button in the bottom of the screen away from the zombies. Co-op could be done with wifi or bluetooth. This would work great, even if they had to dumb down the graphics to do so.