" From Beneath " Upcoming Horror Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by bebo_beta2002, Aug 3, 2016.

1. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
  2. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    looks great,can't wait for this game,video on twitter looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. From Beneath - Dev

Hi Everyone!
    Thanks for the kind words, I'm Diego, one of the devs for From Beneath.
    We certainly didn't expect the game to suddenly get all this attention, as we'd been fairly quiet about it, but it's so exciting to see people getting hyped about what little we've shown!

I still can't give a definite ETA for release, we're still working on it, and going as fast as we can.
    I CAN however, tell you guys that we will be making a pretty big announcement on our twitter in the next couple of weeks!

We also plan to make a dedicated thread for From Beneath in these forums very soon, so that we can keep you updated with development, news and answer questions.

Again, thank you so much for the attention and the kind words, means a lot to us and definitely pushes us forward!

4. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    I'm Really excited for this game and i also want to thank you for making such a console quality horror game on ios , we miss such horror games with different playable mechanics on ios devices . and i really liked the concept of playing with multiple characters to know the whole story and so on , really excited :D
    anyways i have 2 questions , can we expect at least release this year (maybe) or next year? and what about beta testing the game?

5. Thank you for the excitement, it really hypes us up!
    We HOPE for a release this year, but who knows what debugging will bring,so I can't really say yet, and in regards of beta testing, so far we have not planned for an open beta of sorts, as we get closer to release and testing, we will consider our options.

Also, YES we have been craving for more serious, console-like experiences on phones, with no in-app purchases or any sort of "gimme all of your money!" kind of mentality, we want to make a game that respects its players.

Here's a recent screenie (obviously a WIP)
    [​IMG]

6. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    ooh can't wait!

7. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    OMG can't wait for this one , nice screenshot and nice graphics although it's WIP , BTW for story will i have to play with all 8 characters by my will meaning i can choose either to play with certain character in a certain level by my own choice?

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Can u make the official upcoming games thread.
    So disappointed that someone else made it, no offense to the guy who did, but I thought it was developer giving out news

9. I absolutely will make an official thread, I'm planning to have it up in the next day or two as I prepare it.

10. Thank you for the comments, we have seven characters (a very early version of the game had 8 planned, but one character was too redundant and was removed)

The way the game works is that each of the characters have individual stories that are happening simultaneously, as you complete your objectives, the game takes you from one character's bit of their story to another's, slowly filling in the blanks, that means that each mission has a specific character, and fits a specific timeframe in the story.

For example:

Mission 1 and Mission 4 are technically happening at the same time (9pm), just you are seeing that block of time from two different characters, in two different locations of the town.

11. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Sounds super awesome and the character concept reminds me a bit of Heavy Rain.
    Graphics are great.
    Now all we need is for it to be really scary... :D

12. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    Awesome , liked the idea and hope to play it soon , if you dunn mind me asking a lot but will it be combat based horror game? meaning guns blazing , ammo and so on ( resident evil and silent hill style) or run and hide style same as (silent hill shattered memories and outlast) ?

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Def interested.

14. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    This looks like just the type of horror game I've been looking for. Can't wait!

15. The game is mainly about stealth, these characters are regular people with no combat training. There are weapons that can be found but going blindly into combat will most likely get you a game over screen. Combat is a last resort, and has some very heavy consequences.

16. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    awesome , can't wait :D

17. So while we work on a dedicated thread, here's another new screenshot:

Little 8 year old Brian, crawling to avoid being seen by one of the creatures. (WIP)
    [​IMG]

18. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    OMG please i hope it to be one full game not episodes or a sequel and so on

19. The game is episodic, as an indie developer without a large budget it allows us to tell a longer, more complete story without having to shorten the experience or dilute some of the gameplay features.

However! Each episode (3 total) will be very large. (24+ missions, some of them lasting more than 15-20 mins) so we aren't just doing many seasons that last an hour or two, they will have the gameplay length of a full game.

Believe me, this isn't out of greed but because of our available resources, we really want to tell a complete story, not a watered down version of it.:)

20. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    no not out of a greed at all i totally understand as am into indie game development and eager to become one soon i totally understand that , and am so happy that each episode will be large cause the idea of 1-2 hours episode each released by a year or more interval is so crappy in my opinion so really i understand your point of view and i totally agree with it , BTW how long will each episode take to be released? year interval between each?