iCloud Documents and Data

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by FastLaneJB, Oct 17, 2011.

1. FastLaneJB

FastLaneJB Active Member

May 2, 2009
    Hi,

It would seem there's 2 different ways data can be stored on iCloud from apps. One deletes the data when you uninstall and the other doesn't.

Here's my examples

Starbase Orion - Says iCloud support though my got another device on my account to test it. Delete this off my device and save data is gone. It also doesn't show up in Documents and Data for iCloud.

Soundhound - Not a game of course but this shows up in Documents and Data. Also when I delete it my device says it'll delete the local device data but not the iCloud data. If I put this back on the my tagged songs come straight back into the app.

So why are these working differently and I'd like the request the game developers go for the second approach. I can still delete the Soundhound data when it's uninstalled in the Settings app but I can leave it meaning I still have the data without the app installed.

Please game devs can we do it the second way and if not would you mind explaining why it's like this?

Cheers,
    FastLaneJB

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I only have one device, so as far as Starbase Orion, is I delete it all data comes back on my iPod.

Since I only have one device, you should test out Please Stay Calm (free). The reason i suggest this to you is because it suports the cloud the same way Starbase does, but there is an option to secure you account with an email, so if you ever get a new device you'll get all your saved data back.