On a Quest to find a specific Hidden Object Game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KabouterLilly, Dec 29, 2015.

1. KabouterLilly

KabouterLilly New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    After searching on the internet, without results, I'm hoping someone here can help me.

A couple of years back, I played a HO game which I really loved.

I can't remember the name, so I'm hoping that with the few things I do remember, one of you can help me.
    The game begins with the player receiving a letter signed R., asking you to come to a manor.
    If I remember correctly, R. turns out to be a Raven.
    Inside the manor, you get to deal with finding various Runes and using them in multiple puzzles.
    You can also travel between some kind of dimensions.
    In the basement there was some kind of big tree.
    You also get to deal with a evil spirit...

I wish I had more to go on and I hope someone knows which game I'm talking about.

Ps. I'm sorry if there are some grammtical flaws here and there. I'm from the Netherlands, and my English isn't always that good.

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #2 RHess00, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    I don't know much about hidden object games but have you tried looking through your purchase history? Open the App Store and go to updates. At the top of the page click on purchased. If it was a couple years ago it might take some time to find it but it should be there as long as you're using the same Apple ID.

Oh and your English is great. Better than a lot of native English speakers.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #3 Nullzone, Dec 29, 2015
    Hello from a fellow kaaskop, and welcome to TA! Nice username, but not related to Kabouter Plop I assume? ;)

Anyways, your description rings a bell, even when I'm not a hidden object player myself.

Try Fishlabs https://itunes.apple.com/nl/developer/big-fish-games-inc/id292594310?l=en . My first bet would be on their Ravenhearst series.

Search for your keywords also brings up "Haunted Manor: Queen of Death"

Hope that helps, good luck for your search if those were not it.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #4 pluto6, Dec 29, 2015
    Did the game make use of a time travel device that certain years had to found and inserted into the device? I believe the runes were inserted into a tree?

I am trying to remember that game, as i believe I have played it, but I have a pretty huge collection, and am not sure I will be able to find the right one.

5. KabouterLilly

KabouterLilly New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    I believe we are searching for the same game. Please let me know if you are able to remember the name of the game. I will do the same!

6. KabouterLilly

KabouterLilly New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Unfortunately, I have never really purchased this game. It was a trial... I also played this before I was able to really purchase the games. But thanks a lot for your tip!

7. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Was it Time Mysteries: The Anchient Spectres?

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Correct! Time Mysteries 2 : The Ancient Spectres is the game I was thinking of and mostly fits with OP's description.

Check it out Kabouter and see if this is game you remember. It is an excellent HOG, I actually finished it, and remember enjoying it a lot.

9. KabouterLilly

KabouterLilly New Member

Dec 29, 2015
    I wanted to thank you all. I found the game I was looking for, thanks to you!