The promo section needs work majorly

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by shining jade, Aug 6, 2014.

1. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    #1 shining jade, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    I will start off by saying We have some very rude people here on this forum ..
    I don't care if you are new or a member or high king..
    If you go to the promo side, and use a code it's common sense to be polite, and to let those who may come in after u and see 20-30 codes and know which ones are used and which are free..
    Though it seems every time I've gone in to one,
    the codes are all used and barely any are mentioned in the reply section !!
    Do any of you even know how frustrating it is to go into a promo you like, need or want and have to go through code after code to hope one works, but then to find out the 20 codes later they have all been used ... -_-

I'm sorry but I'm getting sick and tired of this something needs to be done ...
    I'm sure there's gotta be others that feel my pain...
    This promo side of the forum is just a joke now .. I remember a year ago is was joy coming on the promo side of the forum and actually getting a code and seeing them posted being used,
    now it's a pain in the rear ... Plus it's extremely rare now I come out with a code anymore ..
    it's pretty much rude on how this system works ..you should REPLY when using a code is this so hard to understand?!!

P.S I'm on the mobile app it's a tad annoying navigating stuff if this is in the wrong section will someone be so kind to move it for me ?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You'll always get lurkers sadly The whole point of promo codes is to promote the game. If lurkers take them that doesn't help. Devs should offer them via PM but that's more work for them.

On the other hand some users seem to get promo codes and do nothing else. Never seem to mention buying games and helping devs. Just want code after code or completion after competition (by posting laughable fake reviews)

It's the way people miss out on codes then even have the audacity to ask for a code (despite all gone) when the apps just 99c!

Help out devs instead of getting codes 24/7

3. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    I mostly agree with you: people claiming codes would be nice if they could put a word of gratitude and tell which code they claimed.

But there's also this : http://codehookup.com