Rock(s) Rider - HD Edition [Side Scrolling Motorcycle Game with console graphics]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ECA-Games, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ECA-Games

ECA-Games Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    #1 ECA-Games, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Hey everyone!

We are happy we can announce a release of our new game, Rock(s) Rider - HD Edition. The game will be available on the AppStore on 3rd September 2015.

[​IMG]

You come to be in the middle of the underground motorcycle race led by the boss in five industrial environments. You overcome obstacles and movable traps (catapults, lifts, ramps, hunting fiery flames, falling traverses, car wrecks etc.) in 64 levels. You look for bonus rewards (15 graphic skins, parts of a motorbike, 15 outfits for the rider etc.) and try to beat more than 150 challenges. By managing tricks and winning in bets with the boss, you can get extra points. You will enjoy races side by side with the boss, sliding with the motorcycle on metal constructions thanks to steel bars welded on wheels or handlebars of the motorbike. By unlocking bonus tracks, you can gain a crazy ride on a trike or rising to the top of the factory chimney with the Hill Climbing motorcycle. The most difficult parts of the race can be easily mastered using Slow Motion Zones, Safety Cage System or Nitro Oxide System.

8 extraordinary features which differs Rock(s) Rider - HD Edition in its category:
    • Unique console graphics
    • Sliding with the motorcycle on metal constructions thanks to steel bars welded on wheels or handlebars of the motorbike
    • Adrenaline ride on a trike
    • Rising to the top of the factory chimney with the Hill Climbing motorcycle
    • Highly sensitive physics of the motorcycle
    • Rock soundtrack including 17 full tracks ideal for headphones
    • Better protection against crashes with help of Safety Cage System
    • Slowing down the reality thanks to Slow Motion Zones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The HD edition is based on highly detailed 3D models and brand new textures with double resolution. We have granted funs’ wishes of our former game and have brought Ragdoll Physics and highly sophisticated physics of the motorcycle. Many new effects have been added and more than 80,000 other objects have been placed to the all environments (200,000 objects in total). The game is primarily designed for the newest iOS devices where runs at 60 fps.

Rock(s) Rider - HD Edition ($2.99, In-App Purchases available) is compatible with iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) or newer.

2. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Ok, you have my attention :)

This looks great! What is the price point? Premium? Free to play?

3. ECA-Games

ECA-Games Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Hi Back2funk, it's good question! :)
    The price is $2.99. None of In-Apps is needed to finish the game. We've mentioned the price in the article now. Enjoy the game in the beginning of September...!

4. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Thanks. Looking forward to it :)

5. CST511

CST511 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Manufacturing Sales Management
    Oklahoma
    Loved this game and still play the original today. However, the new version looks as if it is just an updated version of the original. Let me say first, I am not discrediting the hard work invested and the amount of time spent on the game but the video looks exactly like the original from a few years ago. I always hoped you guys would make another Rocks Rider game...just didn't think it would be the exact same one.

Maybe I am just blind...help me see!!!

6. ECA-Games

ECA-Games Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Dear CST511,

thank you for your interest in our game! We really appreciate it!

Let's us to explain why we have brought the HD edition now.

The old Rock(s) Rider game was released in May 2012, when the newest device was iPhone 4s with its limits in performance. Therefore we are able to bring the quality of the game as we imagine it should really look like until now, when new devices (as iPhone 6) enable it. The older devices are not able to manage to run the new game because of its requirements for the performance of devices.

Thus we were able to add much more detailed 3D models, brand new shaders and textures with double resolution just now, also as Ragdoll Physics and more sophisticated physics of the motorcycle than before. You will feel the big difference in physics of the motorcycle after a few seconds of your gameplay. Many new effects have been added and more than 80,000 other objects have been placed to the all environments. Most of the added objects are dynamic and the rider flings them while riding the race. The added effects, e.g. hunting fiery flames activated by riding out the laser gates and setting fire to the environments or possibility to slow down the reality by Slow Motion Zones, are not able to run smoothly on the older devices.

Now the game is primarily designed for players who want to profit from possibilities of high performance of their newest devices. For example, the game runs on iPhone 6 Plus in full HD resolution at 60 fps and it brings console graphics.

-Lenka

Check out the attached screenshots which illustrate the differences between the old game and the new HD edition!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this is looks amazing! insta buy for me. never finished the older version due to lack of physics. but im sure im going to rock with this one!

8. secredut

secredut Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2015
    I love this kind of great looking with crazy concept game! I'm looking forward to this one!

9. CST511

CST511 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Manufacturing Sales Management
    Oklahoma
    Well...I stand corrected! I (we) appreciate the detailed overview of the new version and will be buying once released. By the way, if you are wondering... I take my crow well done!;). Look forward to it guys!

10. ECA-Games

ECA-Games Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    #10 ECA-Games, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Thank you guys for your praise! We’re glad so much! Also many thanks to Eli Hodapp from the editorial team of TouchArcade for his article! If you want, you can have a look to another comparative screenshot to please your eyes ;)

[​IMG]

11. ECA-Games

ECA-Games Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Hi guys! We should mention one more thing we prepare for you ...

We will be posting new walkthroughs everyday on our YouTube channel and blog since the release. You maybe find it useful when trying to reach the best time, looking for bonus rewards or hidden things on tracks. Brian will help you.... he is a great guy who makes fun. You can really look forward to it ... we start in two days! ;)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ECAGamesOfficial
    Blog: http://www.eca-games.com/blog/

12. ECA-Games

ECA-Games Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    #12 ECA-Games, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Hi everybody!

Some of you have asked about other features of the game in messages (thanks a lot for your interest!). Therefore, we are posting today a list of features you also can be excited about:

• 64 levels in 5 industrial environments
    • More than 150 challenges
    • Races side by side with the boss
    • Ragdoll physics of a rider
    • 56 Achievements
    • 65 Global Leaderboards
    • Up to 9 control variants for perfect gameplay
    • Bet the boss and get better position on the Leaderboards
    • Catapults, lifts, ramps and other movable traps
    • Hunting fiery flames, falling traverses and car wrecks
    • Nitro Oxide System for the higher performance
    • 15 graphic skins for a bike
    • 15 outfits for a rider
    • More than 200,000 objects on the tracks
    • You do not need to be on-line to play the game!

Now, we have been countdowning hours to the release. We begin in one day on the AppStore! ;)