Space Miner, HD down to $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by backtothis, Jul 2, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #1 backtothis, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
    Another game on sale that I can't fathom anyone on TA not having. If that's you somehow, get it. Don't post that you don't have it; just get it.

Space Miner - GameClub

GameClub
    Space Miner, the critically acclaimed space shooter where explosive space combat meets action-RPG. • 91 / 100 - Metacr…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Space Miner, the critically acclaimed space shooter where explosive space combat meets action-RPG. • 91 / 100 - Metacritic • "Incredibly good" - Gizmodo • 5 / 5 - TouchArcade • 5 / 5 - AppSpy • Grade A - The Onion (A.V. Club) Your uncle's space mining business is under threat from an Evil Corporation, and you're the only one who can save it! There are just two problems: your mining license doesn't allow you to mine very far, and your ship is a hunk of junk. Luckily, the solution to both problems is to head out into the galaxy and get mining! Blast asteroids to find the valuable ore they contain. While the space rocks won't fight back, there are plenty of enemy ships that will. Use the money you get from mining to upgrade your ship in the way you want, allowing you to go farther and survive longer. Uncover special ship parts and maps to new galaxies where more riches await. Find amazing secrets and expand your mining operation as you enjoy the unfolding story. The universe awaits! ** Supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation Controllers ** - Classic Arcade Action: Use your thrusters to move around the asteroid fields, blasting space rocks and enemies alike with your ship's weapons. - Customize Your Ship: You worked hard for your money, so you get to decide how you're going to spend it. New lasers? A bigger cargo hold? Stronger shields? It's up to you! - Uncover Advanced Technology: Get your hands on some cool permanent upgrades that persist between games... if you can find them! - Blast the Enemies: Whether it's robot pirates looking to steal your ore or corporate goons trying to throw a wrench in your business, the best way to negotiate is with your ship's lasers! - HardcORE Mode: Looking for the ultimate challenge? Try HardcORE mode, where your first death is also your final one. Things are a lot more tense when you have just one life to live! Space Miner is one of the many fantastic games brought back to life by GameClub, fully updated to support the latest versions of iOS and newest devices. ************************************************** GameClub is a subscription mobile gaming service. If you like our games, try our auto-renewing monthly subscription for 30 days free, and play all of our games with no limits, no ads, no hidden fees, and no other in-app purchases. If you choose to purchase GameClub’s optional subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. Terms of Use: gameclub.io/terms Privacy Policy: gameclub.io/privacy _________ If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] Facebook: facebook.com/gameclub Twitter: twitter.com/gameclub Thank you!
    Information
    Seller:GameClub
    Genre:Action, Adventure, Role Playing, Arcade
    Release:Feb 05, 2010
    Updated:Apr 09, 2021
    Version:1.6.41
    Size:159.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (72)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Space Miner: Space Ore Bust for iPad

* IMPORTANT! New miners should instead purchase Space Miner: Platinum Edition! *

The Game of the Year award-win…
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    * IMPORTANT! New miners should instead purchase Space Miner: Platinum Edition! *

The Game of the Year award-winning action-RPG is back in a big way with this new MEGA UPDATE! With a brand new storyline, new enemies, new asteroids, and new gear, it's the perfect time to experience this iOS classic for the first time!

- New bonus storyline that continues the adventures of Uncle Jeb and the Gritstone Mining Company!
    - A new map filled with 16 new sectors to mine!
    - New asteroids, tougher enemies, and brand new secrets to uncover!
    - Two new License Levels, with top-tier ship equipment to match!
    - A new ultra-powerful level 8 ship, designed by billionaire madman Bancroft!

Since its original release, SPACE MINER: SPACE ORE BUST has been hailed as one of the greatest iOS games of all time by critics and customers alike. Don't believe us? Check out these reviews:

"Without a question, this is one of the best games I've played since the App Store went live" - Toucharcade.com (5/5 stars)

"HOW GOOD IS SPACE MINER. The answer is INCREDIBLE GOOD. It's probably the best original game to hit the iPhone." - Gizmodo

"Space Miner: Space Ore Bust gets my total complete recommendation. Long gamelife, great polished graphics and most importantly fun gameplay in space accompanied by banjos. Now I want a sequel." - Touchgen.com (5/5 stars)

"Few games truly stand out like Space Miner does." - Slide to Play (4/4 - Must Have)

App Store Rating: 4.5/5 (over 5,000 reviews!)

Onion AV Club: Grade A

No Dpad: "MUST HAVE"

App Spy: 5/5

Still reading? Awesome! Here are some more good reasons to pick up SPACE MINER!

- Hours of space-blasting gameplay across a massive 64-sector, non-linear galaxy!
    - Fully upgradeable and customizable ships with literally thousands of possible equipment combinations!
    - Hilarious storyline featuring top-notch writing!
    - New Game+ mode lets you keep your game-changing ALIEN TECH and play on harder difficulty modes!
    - Full Game Center integration for Achievements and Leaderboards.

Want to learn more about SPACE MINER or the Venan crew? Check us out!

http://www.venan.com
    Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt
    Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VenanEnt
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Role Playing
    Release:Dec 15, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (11)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Then again, you read the CoD Zombies thread, so....

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    TA didn't dub that the best game of 2010 though. Plus, that game has never been less than $4.99.

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I've completed this game and it's awesome. The storyline is funny and there's hours of game-play. It was much better than I expected.

I'd recommend this at full price.

For a dollar, it's "must buy".

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Any idiot who doesnt have this yet will always remain an idiot :p

iPad version is also 99cents too btw. Definitely worth grabbing even if you have the iPhone version.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I never have ever in my hole Life smashed the "Buy Button" so fast like in this Case.

7. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    *Raises both hands up*

Gosh fine, I'm getting it, I'm getting it.

8. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    By far my favorite game on the iOS platform and one of the top ten games all time on any platform. This game is just perfect. Not to hard not to easy not frustrating, great graphics, rpg elements, variety of ships, perfect physics, great little story, side missions....

It's a game that easily ranks 9.5/10 and why on earth the devs have not made a part 2 yet I have no idea.

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You won't be disappointed! (or maybe you will. IDC :p)
    Coz as awesome the game is, it still didn't sell well. Check out the last post on their blog http://blog.venan.com We probably won't ever see a sequel :(

10. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm actually enjoying the game ^_^

11. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Wow, I just shed a tear. Space miner ore bust is eretched in my mind as some of the best memories I had gaming with in the last few years. I remember EAGERLY waiting to around 9pm after I had ate, showered, did tbe family routine and cuddling into bed next to my girlfriend and just relaxing playing that game for a few hours a night. My girlfriend never really cared for videogames but she enjoyed laying her he'd on my shoulder and watching me play. It was a very crisp looking game even on the 3G iPhone. That game did so much so right. I loved the kinetic line of weapons as they had stopping power, how you could have all kinds of different weapons mounted on your ship, getting the long tractor beam and getting massive ore trains. That game was a labor of love by those guys as Space Miner was so polished in every aspect.

Well I give those guys kudos for not just slopping some BS together. Hopefully one day we could see a return of Space Miner. Hell, reuse that engine and change the story up a bit... New weapons... I miss that game.

12. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Matter of fact I'm going to play it all over again tonight!

13. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    What a shame that Space Miner didn't do too well... As a gamer, I feel disheartened that some great developers don't get more publicity than other games like Angry Birds (I would've DEFINITELY picked this over Angry Birds). They bring so much joy to people like me, but they don't get back what they actually deserve. What a cruel world...

Well, best of luck to Venan Entertainment in the future :)

14. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Thanks for the link. It's sad that game sales didn't meet their expectations, as it's an entertaining game.