Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocorn View Post
Glorkbot: •••Spoiler:   Sorry for the lag. I forgot to have the thread notify me of new posts. She should always be there at the table after the Eldergoth gives you your quest. If you don't speak with her before the mine, you miss out on helpful cheese puffs and lots of backstory, but you do need to speak with her at the end of the level to let her know it's time to leave. If she wasn't at the table, that was a glitch, and I'll be investigating it vigorously. Thanks for catching it.

Hi, all. I've updated the game to incorporate some of your suggestions:

- Added a run mode, which doubles movement speed.
- Sharpened the edges of the GUI to bring it more inline with the graphics.
- Added easier play modes.
- Added some direction sign posts in the forest.
- Replaced the old admittedly poor screenshots with pretty new ones.

For anyone who missed out last time, there are some new promo codes at the bottom of the post. As before, comments and suggestions are appreciated.

New Screenshots

New Codes

http://tokn.co/3ku2z72g
http://tokn.co/c8zs2eqr
http://tokn.co/pw3uhruq
http://tokn.co/adnykpwm
http://tokn.co/wharxdrd
http://tokn.co/jyhtg7bf
http://tokn.co/mum5s255
Used first code on list, thanx for the share this looks right up my street.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:45 PM

This game is just amazing!

I really loved this, from beginning to end and really want to see this continued. A rare gem and slipping under everyone's radar - this game is not getting the love that it deserves. The story, dialog, graphics and design are way better than I usually see in iOS apps, even from the leading developers out there.

Its quaint and humorous style won my heart and kept me playing it until it was done, and now I want more!

This is my Game of the Year so far!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleki
This game is just amazing!

I really loved this, from beginning to end and really want to see this continued. A rare gem and slipping under everyone's radar - this game is not getting the love that it deserves. The story, dialog, graphics and design are way better than I usually see in iOS apps, even from the leading developers out there.

Its quaint and humorous style won my heart and kept me playing it until it was done, and now I want more!

This is my Game of the Year so far!
Thanks, Roleki. You seriously just made my day.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

I love this game a lot.

I tried to review it, but the itunes store keeps telling me "you must own this app to review it". But I do own it!

Is it because I used your download code that they won't let me review it? I read somewhere on a message board that if there's an update I can review the new version. But I tried again to review it after the update and it still didn't work.

(This would be bad news for my own game, Glorkian Warrior... download codes will be given to all the kickstarter backers of the game. Will none of them be able to review it?! That seems crazy.)
Old 10-08-2013, 10:02 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hello World is a lot of fun and very original. This is one game I wish got more attention. The whimsical world combined with first person style exploration and adventure puzzles is genius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorkbot View Post
...Is it because I used your download code that they won't let me review it?

...(This would be bad news for my own game, Glorkian Warrior... download codes will be given to all the kickstarter backers of the game. Will none of them be able to review it?! That seems crazy.)
Apple's policy is to not allow any users who redeem promo codes to review that game. That wasn't always the case but it has been that way for a few years now.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I appreciate you trying, Glorkbot.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Apple's policy is to not allow any users who redeem promo codes to review that game. That wasn't always the case but it has been that way for a few years now.
Thanks! Good to know.

(It turns out I was wrong anyhow... I checked with my partners and the kickstarter backers are getting PC & Mac versions of the game, not the iOS version. So, I panicked for nothing.)

Anyhow, back to Hello World.

Gee whiz, this game is cool. People should freaking BUY it. This kind of game is the whole reason iOS gaming is such a thrill... Hello World is a unique expression of a personal vision.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:50 AM

Well the contact email address for this game no longer exists, so it would appear that Hippocorn has "moved on". Well I'm more than a little disappointed, as I guess this means no Book 2, but I wish him well wherever he is and whatever he has turned his hand to.

All the best, Hippocorn!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I'm still here.

The contact address should still work: HelloWorldGameContact@gmail.com

Did it bounce something you sent to it? Sorry about that – I'm not sure what the problem could be, but I'll double check everything.

I am working on a Book 2, as well as a cleaned up version of Book 1 for the Oculus Rift on PC/Mac.

Edit: There was a typo in the contact address listed on the game's website. The address listed above and in the game itself are correct.

Last edited by Hippocorn; 03-20-2014 at 10:14 PM..