Is Everyplay effective/popular?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by unexpect3rd, Dec 15, 2015.

1. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    Am in the process of developing a new platformer which I think could make use of everyplay for players to share their runs. Am just thinking if Everyplay is effective, as in, do players share stuffs on it in games that implemented it?

2. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    We had an older version of EveryPlay integrated into our title, Turbo FAST, which has resulted in over 93k videos shared to date https://everyplay.com/turbo-fast/videos

Hard to gauge exactly what the viral benefits of that have been.

Certainly, we believe video is a powerful medium for sharing, both in the drive to share and to generate viral interest from it. To that end, we have implemented Replay Kit support for our other games including Breakneck, Rival Stars Basketball, and Into the Dead (the Replay Kit enabled update for the latter rolls out today).

You might want to consider implementing Replay Kit support in the first instance to test the waters, and then adding additional Everyplay support later.

3. unexpect3rd

unexpect3rd Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Mobile Game Developer (Fulltime as well as indie)
    Singapore
    Thanks for the response. I was checking out the implementation in crossy road and i feel like the way they did it wasn't very user friendly, not quite the "one-click share your last run" experience. Although the way they implmented everyplay into theirs favors frequent youtubers than just casual gamers. I will have to look further into such libraries to see how best to implement.