Universal Pocket Army - (by Pine Entertainment Company Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Have you (or anyone else) used them? How do they show up?

Are they added to your stat page (for example: X amount of Seeds equipped)?

DBC

2. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I have used them. Tap on your character and it'll show block/attack/hp. That what the seeds do. :D Seeds aren't equipped. They just are there. So can have many of each and each time their price increases and increases your stats.

3. champion64

champion64 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Student
    A place in, Canada
    Bu theax level is 69, thats my level,plus a lil exyra xp because when i lvle up there was more than just the xp i had? An i think andre is lvl 69 too if i actually friended him :p

Thank you, Champion64

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Oh, I'm sorry, in this version, max level is 69, not 59. sorry for my fault. :D;):rolleyes:

5. silentang

silentang Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I wouldn't do that.
    The price becomes WAY too high as I exchanged for several tens of it.
    I think it should go flat as there is a diminishing % of effect anyway, isn't it?

eg. to go from 2000 attack to 2020 may mean something, but 6000 to 6020, that's negligible, I just wouldn't spend over 100 gems just for increasing 20 attack...

By the way, can anyone tell me why some players have infinite HP? Their HP bar is blank & no matter how you hit them they don't go down. There are a number of these players on my friend list. For example, Stefan2412

6. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    What level are your friends? But more importantly, "visit" your friends, and then tap on your character: you'll be able to see what their base stats are. If they've got high defence relative to your attack power or absolutely insane levels of HP, that could explain a bit -- though to make a wild guess, if they've got more than perhaps 30,000 HP or so, I don't think that's possible in the game at this point (highest armour gave around 7000-9000 HP from memory, whereas the highest ring gives about 13,000 HP? Not sure how much HP is given by the character's level)

7. Alligat0rbl00d

Alligat0rbl00d Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    He has a point folks. The price becomes unbalanced. I suggest cap the price at a max of 40 or 50 gems for +20 to attack/defend/hp seeds.

8. Deivian

Deivian New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #1048 Deivian, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    This game is so great, thanks :)

9. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #1049 JediKnight, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    The price increases every time, it got into the thousands.

Best armor has 11725 health I think. Ring has 13000 ish.

11775 health actually

10. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be investing in Seeds anytime soon...;)

As for the "infinite health" question? Put simply, you've got some cheaters on your friend's list.

Enjoy their company while their games still work...;)

DBC

11. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Did you accept me? If so you gc is blank in pocket army...

12. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Well of course I accepted you.:rolleyes::p:D

I'm blank?:eek: Weird, I'm not blank on my irl friends' phones...:confused:

DBC

13. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Odd...

14. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #1054 Andre, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    It's a great idea, Alligat0rbl00d. I will ask our teammate more about your idea. Thanks a lot, and I hope that you will have other ideas. Don't worry, I always wait for your ideas/issues and try to do it. :)

@All: Are you agreed with this idea?

Thanks for your interesting with our game. If you have issue/idea, I will try to answer them to you. :)

15. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #1055 eflin, Dec 29, 2012
    I understand the idea but this will be a slippery slope.

If you cap the seeds, then at some point we will be back to square one... The seeds will be a cheaper and better investment than new equipment. Then they will be very over powered again. That is why you changed the system in the first place. I think the current problem (seed prices getting very hi) is the better problem of the two. It keeps the game balanced. The other one does not. Is it really a big deal if seeds are soft capped (soft cap in that it is never actually capped but at some pont they are just too expensive)? I do not think so in fact I think that is a good thing (again for game balance). It keeps seeds from getting out of control.

The only other solution is to increase the gem cost cap on seeds EVERY time you update to keep the balance right. This will be tough to manage though and still allows seeds to be abused (in that people can buy a TON of them).

Again just my two cents. I see the alligator bloods point but I think the current system is the best and most balanced system.

16. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #1056 Drummerboycroy, Dec 29, 2012
    Tough question...

The question for the PE team is actually simple, although it will likely read as sarcasm:

Do you want people to buy none, one or two, or lots?

As is, I'm not buying them because the value is too skewed vs. the cost. Paying an increasing amount of Gems for 20 point bumps is simply unnecessary.

Capping the cost makes obvious sense if you actually want most people to buy Seeds, but is that what you want?

The way the system is set up now, those with the most money gain the most. It's not a system I appreciate, and it runs counter to most of the game's (brilliantly balanced) framework, but maybe Seeds are supposed to be structured in that way?

As I said earlier, the question is, how many Seeds do you want to sell, and further, do you want them limited to only those with the most money?

It's a moot point for me, but depending on future updates and attendant necessity, I might weigh in further...;):D

As an aside, I didn't feel the Seeds were a good investment BEFORE I knew they increased in price and not in strength...

DBC

17. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    My idea is that the power increases with the price. Eventually there will be pretty much a time where you can't afford them so thats good, but you spent a lot of gems to get you stats high.

Alligator's idea seems that rich players can just spam the seeds and that'll be unbalanced.

The current way makes the seeds not worthit.

18. Reekok

Reekok Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I agree with elfin, the old system wasn't the best player become to powerful --> that was the reason why U changed it, but @ Andre I told U an idea month ago --> there should be a max with the seeds each LVL maybe 2 seeds (LVL 69 = 138 seeds)

If U use this system U can change back the prices a little bit (because over 200gems for a seed is too much)

with this system the game become balanced, everybody can choose how he/she wants to use the seeds (DEF/ATTACK/HP) but as I said there should/ MUST be a max. (138 gems to use is quick enough) and this system would balance the game complete!

Then U have some players with more HP, but less ATTACK or DEFF or other player with more ATTACK and less HP, DEFF, etc.

And one more thing why U don't add a 4 seed for skills --> +1%- 5% MAX damage or add to the skills a function that allows U to make a power attack (maybe from the beginning each skill has a 15% chance to deal extra damage) --> and so U could also add a 5th seed that gives U + 1% chance to deal extra damage

What do U think about this idea hope U all enjoy it

19. Alligat0rbl00d

Alligat0rbl00d Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Yeah my idea seems way too unbalanced. How about increase the stats everytime the cost of the gem increases and then cap the number of times you can buy for the seeds?

Sounds fair?

20. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    We have increased price of seeds after you buy them. Is the price not increased enough? :(