Game file saves on the iCloud

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LILILIP, Jun 9, 2013.

1. LILILIP

LILILIP Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Hello to all , and thanks in advance

You will see , I have an iPad and have been playing several games , of course with the iCloud enabled and such

Well , then I bought an iTouch recently and to start using it , the system asked me if I wanted to start or use a backup from previous device , but I couldnt do it because that backup was made in different firmware

Well , I updated later as I tho there would be no problem to have back my saved games on the other unit

But now I find I cant , because when I go into the iCloud tab , I see that there is a copy of my iPad there , but I can not make use of it , I cant even get to see whats in

How do I do it ? I mean , how can I backup the save files from iPad so I can continue the games

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The iCloud backup you're looking at is for backing up your whole device in case something happens to it or you replace it by upgrading to a newer model. It sounds as if you have both an iPad and an iPod touch, and simply want to share save files over iCloud. That is all done automatically behind the scenes and you should basically not have to do anything. However, not every game supports iCloud saving, and some that do require you to turn it on from the game settings, or have a special save slot for your cloud save.

3. LILILIP

LILILIP Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Yes , all I want is to share save files between both devices

But for example , I downloaded Broken Sword and started the game , and only allows me to start new file , not from previous

Why is that

4. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Like he said, the game must support iCloud saves, like warhammer quest does. Also make sure documents and data is enabled in settings--iCloud.

5. LILILIP

LILILIP Member

Jun 9, 2013
    But how do I know whether each game does supports iCloud saving or not

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There really should be a nice easy way, like there is with GC support (icon in the app details) but there isn't. Usually the description will tell you if it supports iCloud saving but not always. You can always email support for the specific game and ask them.

7. LILILIP

LILILIP Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Soes you think that Broken Sword does not support iCloud saving ? That would suck tho

I tried with Yesterday and nothing at all

But when I go to iCloud tab from iPad ( where all the save files are ) , it appears the file