★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Loving this app so far, but I can't figure out how to save my game. There is a load game screen, but going back to the menu does not save. Anyone have any luck saving?

Also, you can scum the game by going back and forth to spend AP and avoid drawing events, which is against the rules of the physical game, but that it not a big deal imo, because events can help you as well as hurt you.
08-12-2017, 02:33 PM
It plays really well on an iPhone 7.
Awesome boardgame and awesome app.

08-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Loving this app so far, but I can't figure out how to save my game. There is a load game screen, but going back to the menu does not save. Anyone have any luck saving?

Also, you can scum the game by going back and forth to spend AP and avoid drawing events, which is against the rules of the physical game, but that it not a big deal imo, because events can help you as well as hurt you.

I haven't played the board game version, but if this is a bug definitely report it to Tim. I did so on Paperback and he was super responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Quote:

I wasn't able to find what you meant by being against the rules of the physical game, from reading the rules :/ I'm still learning, so I may have missed something, but I'd like to learn it correctly though

http://schd.ws/hosted_files/dacon201...os%20Rules.pdf

Can you clarify?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-13-2017, 09:32 AM
Quote:

There is a continue button on the home screen. I have quit games and picked them up again by using this continue button - seems to work OK for me, are you using start or continue to pick up an in progress game?
08-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Quote:

In what instance are you avoiding events? When taking only 2 actions per turn? When only using 2 AP and then using the end turn function, the event tick / cross pop up shows up, what are you doing to scum it? If you continue to use AP that is the expected behaviour (to not get an event)
08-13-2017, 02:35 PM
It looked good, but it's really dull and completely unwinnable, so I've already deleted it.
08-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan View Post
It looked good, but it's really dull and completely unwinnable, so I've already deleted it.
You determined the game is unwinnable in just two days? Could you give us details on that as well as the "dull" aspect. I ask because the boardgame version is very highly rated, and barring any bugs, I'd expect the iOS edition to be of similar quality.
08-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfrost View Post
You determined the game is unwinnable in just two days? Could you give us details on that as well as the "dull" aspect. I ask because the boardgame version is very highly rated, and barring any bugs, I'd expect the iOS edition to be of similar quality.
If you use one character, you can't get anything done before you're caught. If you use multiple characters, you rack up the detections in a couple of turns. So, for example, if you have to go to certain tiles to get the safe combo (or whatever is is you do to open the safe), you will be detected several times in the process.

Again, maybe with a decent tutorial, I'd have a better idea of what is going on. I play a lot of board game adaptations and this is probably the most frustrating one.
08-13-2017, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan View Post
If you use one character, you can't get anything done before you're caught. If you use multiple characters, you rack up the detections in a couple of turns. So, for example, if you have to go to certain tiles to get the safe combo (or whatever is is you do to open the safe), you will be detected several times in the process.

Again, maybe with a decent tutorial, I'd have a better idea of what is going on. I play a lot of board game adaptations and this is probably the most frustrating one.
5 mins with the rules pdf will help https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1...-edition-rules. I think its well balanced, Ive been progressing well, but yet to win, as Id expect. Lots of characters with diff skills, so plenty of strategies to try. Maybe start with the hacker so you can move without peeking a fair amount?