★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-29-2014, 08:49 PM
#61
Joined: May 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 57
The one day price increase finally convinced me. Wow! This is a lot of retro fun. I think Adventure was the first Atari cart I owned and it got me started on the path that led me to all the JRPGs I've played over the years. This game reminds me so much of playing on the tv in my parents basement. Thank you!
05-29-2014, 06:08 AM
#62
Just stumbled on this game and wow!!

It's absolutely brilliant!! My goty so far, awesome game indeed

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15

05-29-2014, 06:32 AM
#63
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Just stumbled on this game and wow!!

It's absolutely brilliant!! My goty so far, awesome game indeed
Yep this games great, love it. Great homage to the old classic game Adventure.
05-29-2014, 09:22 AM
#64
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,007
By any chance does this game have icade support?
I just purchased an awesome controller that would be perfect!
Thanks. Game looks awesome.
08-03-2014, 06:04 PM
#65
Really easy to pick up and amazing how the game strings a few icons and shapes into a more complex world. And yes lots of 8-bit-y sounds , which achieve a surprising amount of atmosphere. There's some smart design here, and a great game
12-25-2014, 08:55 PM
#66
Love Pixa! I never had Adventure, but would go over to my next door neighbor's house and play it in the early 80's.

I've played through the first 8 levels, but I'm stumped on level 9. I've been going in circles and pecking at the walls for hidden keys or a hidden entrance to the green castle, but I can not figure it out. Also, I've tried resetting multiple times to the portal, but it's not taking me back to the portal, but dropping me in the purple (first?) room each time. It feels like it could be a bug or maybe part of the game...I can't tell! I just want to get into the door less green castle and find my 9th trophy. Was hoping there would be a hint in this thread, but since there isn't could some one post a hint or an answer with spoiler bars. Thanks!
12-29-2014, 10:24 AM
#67
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
Love Pixa! I never had Adventure, but would go over to my next door neighbor's house and play it in the early 80's.

I've played through the first 8 levels, but I'm stumped on level 9. I've been going in circles and pecking at the walls for hidden keys or a hidden entrance to the green castle, but I can not figure it out. Also, I've tried resetting multiple times to the portal, but it's not taking me back to the portal, but dropping me in the purple (first?) room each time. It feels like it could be a bug or maybe part of the game...I can't tell! I just want to get into the door less green castle and find my 9th trophy. Was hoping there would be a hint in this thread, but since there isn't could some one post a hint or an answer with spoiler bars. Thanks!
Hi Paul. It's certainly possible that you're experiencing a bug, but it's not one I've seen before, so I'm betting this is something we can resolve here. First, here's a screenshot of the map for this level.

From the portal room, you go east.

Pass through another room that bends north, then in the next room take the west fork.

The key is in the northeast corner of that room, overlapping (underneath) the map.

Pull the map aside and you'll see the key.

If you don't find it there, then maybe you accidentally moved it and dropped it someplace mysterious? Keys sometimes get lost in the same-colored castle rooms, since if you drop then in a wall you can't see them. In that case, you have two options:
  1. Run around with the magnet and see if it pulls the key out of its hiding place.
  2. Tap the "Pause" button, then tap "Reset World." This will put everything in this level back in its original position.

Does any of that resolve the problem?
12-29-2014, 04:02 PM
#68
Based off what you said and looking at the map, I think it's a bug. All of the rooms are empty for me and there is no black door on the green castle. Each room has absolutely nothing in it...no coins, no obstacles to go around, etc. It was like that from the beginning. The more I think about it, moving from level 8 to level 9 there was an extremely high difficulty ramp, which should have clued me in to it being a bug and not part of the game. I remembered there being tricky parts with keys in Adventure, although I was 11 or 12 at the time in 1982? when I was playing it, so I thought "I'm up for the challenge, I'm gonna find this key and touch on every inch of every wall of every room!" Ha.

When I restart the world, it takes me back to the purple room. I'm playing on an iPad 3 with iOS 7.1.2. Should I reset the entire game? It seems like I am locked inside the 9th world with no way to get out.

Last edited by paulkane; 12-29-2014 at 04:13 PM.
12-30-2014, 10:34 AM
#69
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
Based off what you said and looking at the map, I think it's a bug. All of the rooms are empty for me and there is no black door on the green castle. Each room has absolutely nothing in it...no coins, no obstacles to go around, etc. It was like that from the beginning. The more I think about it, moving from level 8 to level 9 there was an extremely high difficulty ramp, which should have clued me in to it being a bug and not part of the game. I remembered there being tricky parts with keys in Adventure, although I was 11 or 12 at the time in 1982? when I was playing it, so I thought "I'm up for the challenge, I'm gonna find this key and touch on every inch of every wall of every room!" Ha.

When I restart the world, it takes me back to the purple room. I'm playing on an iPad 3 with iOS 7.1.2. Should I reset the entire game? It seems like I am locked inside the 9th world with no way to get out.
Okay, yes—that definitely sounds like a bug. Sounds like the save file got corrupted somehow. I hate for you to have to do it, but resetting the whole game is the only solution at this point. Sorry!