Gangstar vs. GTA CW vs. Car Jack Streets vs. Payback

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iSwiss, Jul 19, 2010.

?

Which ones better

1. GTA CW

48 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. Car Jack Streets

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Payback

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. Gangstar

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Which do you think is the best game.

Personally i like Payback the best.

1. Payback
    2. GTA CW
    3. Gangstar
    4. CJS

2. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    im gonna have to go with GTA.. i have spent so many hours playing that game before i beat it.. then i kept playing it for the dope wars.. and getting rich.

chris.

P.S

i hope rockstar is porting another GTA for us.

3. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

1. GTA
    2. Tie between Gangstar and Payback
    3. CJS

4. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    The saving system is just horrible in GTA.. Auto saving - nada! Just finished some mission at Zhou Ming's and quit the game. Returned to it and Zhou Ming isn't even located... 1,5 hours of playing for nothing!

5. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

None of the others get close to the variety, depth, style, story, side-missions, extras, rewards for exploration etc that GTA offers.And as such, its the only 1 that has remained on my device, and still sees regular plays.

6. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    You can turn on Auto-Save in the options. Don't condemn a game just because you don't what to do!

1.GTA
    2.CJS
    3.Gangstar
    4.Payback

7. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Why is there a 'None' option?
    I didn't really like any of them, TBH.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    We never expected you to have any taste.

9. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    The "None" option is do not enter the thread. Why you come to a thread about games you do not like?

10. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    OP: 'which of these 4 is the best?'

you: 'none of them'

I think you misunderstood the question. lol

11. PHUCK-O

PHUCK-O Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    #11 PHUCK-O, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    i just can't adapt to the topview in gta cw. i find myself relying almost entirely on the map system. in any of the 3d gta games i know where i'm going most of the time and only double checking the map because you remember so much much more from that viewpoint because so much more is visible and you mentally retain so much more.

gangstar fails due to content. and gta cw fails because of top down view in my opinion. but cw was created with the hardware constraints of the nintendo ds so i don't blame rockstar for cashing in on a quick port for iphone. it would have been throwing away money not to. everyone was itching for a authentic gta experience and even knowing i wouldn't like it, i still dropped my money on it.

hopefully 2011 brings a true 3d gta game.. or an Onlive app ;)

before i get accused of not understanding the question i guess i would have to say CW is the best experience currently even though i i'm not thrilled with it due to the point of view.

12. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    No, i turned Auto Save an- Anyway it hadnt saved my progress..

13. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    it normally only saves after you pass a mission. i just learn to save offten.

14. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    It was the mission where i have to help Zhou Ming by winning the race.. I finished the mission, it safed and after that i closed the game..

15. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    GTA CW is 3D, just not the same view as "modern" GTA's. Also this IS a true GTA game. The original game was top down view, and the sequel also had a top down view.

16. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    gta wins. carjack streets never really did it. I like playing games, but if I HAVE to play a game to get farther (like the tank and heli), then it just pisses me off. that's why i don't play zynga games. Plus it just wasn't executed that great.

Payback was great, however, the lack of maps made the game repetitive after a bit. plus rampages were so easy you could kill like a bagillion cops and still have full health. also the graphics were kinda crappy

Gangstar was good I thought. I really liked how they made the 3d world pretty large. it felt pretty close to gta. however, compared to the actual gta, it doesn't stand up. gta cw's world is gigantic, and the immersion in the game with the minigames and drug dealing is just fantastic. gta wins by a longshot

17. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

GTA is the same dude as the tank (Rhino) is locked until to fulfil certain progress requirements. And if you had the tank from the start, it'd make the game way too easy.

For everything you gain by going with the 3d behind car view you also loose a lot too. I love how with car chases in Chinatown Wars you to see ahead, behind and to both sides of you at all times. You can see all those cops chasing you which adds some tension to the whole chase sequence.

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    GTA:CW is the best IMHO, but am I the only person out here who enjoyed CJS?

Especially after the controls update? (and even more after they removed the time requirement...)

Just like GTA and GTA2. And it only cost me a buck. ;)

Payback looks like a great GTA3 clone until you play it. That guy with the bad accent yelling "Twenty thousand points!" blew any suspension of disbelief I might have had with that one. Never got Gangstar since CJS was holding up OK at that time (and now I'd most likely be playing GTA. Except that my iPod is still backing up for iOS4. Up to TWO bars now! :eek:)

19. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

This.

20. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I actually am really familiarized with Liberty City on GTA 4 because I played CTW. I hardly(if ever) rely on my map.