The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3721 backtothis, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    Just finished MK9. Probably the most unfair campaign I've played in a fighter. Took just four sittings though. Still plenty of stuff left to do in the game. The last fight wasn't as hard I had expected. Shao Kahn is still cheap as hell, but knowing the timings of his moves lets Raiden will pretty easily by spamming the flying move, back-stepping, and low-guarding whenever necessary. My favorite characters to use from the campaign were Scorpion, Raiden, and Nightwolf. Lots of characters I haven't tried out yet. Unlocking all the fatalities was a pretty nasty process, lol..Anyways, definitely one of the best fighters I've played. Should be fun playing the multiplayer with friends over the summer. Looks like the series isn't over yet from the ending.

Not sure if I should go back and try my luck at Dark Souls again or go enjoy Kingdoms of Amalur next.

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Minecraft comes out next week.

3. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3723 backtothis, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    Looking at the list of the upcoming retail games for the next 3 months, I don't think I can even name five titles I'm interested in. You guys getting anything in the near future? Max Payne 3 (5/15), Ghost Recon Future Soldier (5/22), and Dragon's Dogma (5/22) are it for me. Don't see anything decent that's already been announced for June or July for the 360. Might use this time to go back to older popular games like Dragon Age, BioShock, RDR, GTA, and so on. Any other popular series from the past five years I should check out? Diablo III (May 15) and a number (3) of good 3DS games should be coming this summer though.

4. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
  5. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I have yet to pick up the since I don't have the money at the moment but I'll be sure to keep that in mind. By the way, have you completed the game? If so, how long is it?

6. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    I'm part way through the third of the three chapters, and I've been playing it pretty solidly since it launched, so I'm happy enough with the game's length. Also from what I have heard, the replay value is pretty high, as which side you choose changes the story quite a bit.

7. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Sounds good enough to me. =]

8. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Haven't had any time at all to play my 360 over the past few weeks. Even though I bought mass effect 1 a few weeks back, I haven't had the time to actually open the shrink wrap and play the game. Its just sitting there untouched :(

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally tried out the online multiplayer in ME3. Not what I was expecting at all, lol. I must have been misinformed. I thought there'd be the usual deathmatch gameplay. Instead, it's just survival co-op/mini-missions with up to 3 other players like the one in RAGE. Pretty lame. Not the kind of online mp that attracts a big player base. Think I'll stick to single-player and run through ME + ME2 instead when I get the chance.

10. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Thats the better way to experience this series, it feels great to use the same character on the three games, makes you care about your virtual dude... Never dig the muliplayer on this, just tried it once and then downloades infiltrator and datapad for a bett way to get my war readiness up.

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, seems that way man.

-----

Just tried the online multiplayer in Mortal Kombat 9. Now that was some good fun. Even though I got whooped terribly in more than half of the 13 games I played, I had a good time. Tried playing some single-player earlier and found it really boring. Can't stand playing fighters alone. Only made it through the campaign since there was a "story" of sorts.

12. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Anyone tried awesomenauts?? Its really good. Between that and trials I'll be happy for ages and they only cost like €20 between them.

13. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    That's exactly what I thought! Started about a week ago, and I thought it was supposed to be like deathmatch too. :confused: I still don't even know what it's about anyway, I think it's supposed to be like zombies or survival...

14. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Eh, I was thinking of picking up an Xbox 360 pretty soon, but I'm not quite sure which to choose. We are kinda on a tighter budget at the moment, and there are so many choices. Refurbished, new, Kinect, I am so confused! Any help picking and choosing an Xbox on a budget would be much appreciated!!

15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    This is probably your best bet. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-360-w-Bonus-Xbox-LIVE-12-Month-Gold-Card-Game-Save-79/19716608?wmlspartner=NKa3hZyYoHA&sourceid=30823075723908404218

a game of choice, 12 month gold, and a 4 gb console for 200 bucks. Probably the best deal right now. you could also pick up this if 4 gbs isn't enough: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-320gb-media-hard-drive/97831

A 320 GB hard drive that comes with a code for lego star wars III.

So all togather you get around $140 bucks of free stuff if you do all the above. I would suggest picking up a controller or two since it only comes with 1

16. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    I can't speak for the the reliability of a refurbished model, but if you haven't got younger kids/siblings or are a kid yourself, or like kids games/fruit ninja a whole lot, I wouldn't recommend getting a Kinect right away. If you are buying it with family-friendliness in mind, you can always get one later.
    You will need a decent sized hard drive, whatever you may initially think. Installing games to your hard drive isn't necessary most of the time, but it does improve the experience with some games, reducing loading times etc; and then there is DLC.

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Dang, this deal at GameStop just recently ended. I actually got my 360 as a gift this past Christmas from my gf. She got me the holiday bundle, which contained a new 250 GB XBOX 360 (latest S model, controller, headset, cables, etc), 3 months of LIVE, a $60 GameStop card (more than it costs to buy a new second controller), Fable III, and Halo Reach, which are both 2009 classics. Total? A mere $250.

Now, the same bundle is going for $300 and you don't get the $60 card.

18. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Oh wow, thanks!

@backtothis - Aww, but thanks anyways.

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, that deal from Walmart should be great. If you're using your 360 for just gaming, you really don't need much memory at all. I installed most of my games to the drive so load times would be faster (etc), but saves and that kind of thing take up virtually nothing. Grab one of those older games, since the newer ones are definitely overpriced. MW3 is already $40 at GS for a new copy. Arkham City has been $30 new at GS before. If you don't mind used games, there are a ton of great deals at GS for them all the time. I check their website weekly for the latest deals on new games.

20. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    If you're talking about the games, then they're 2010 classics. :3