GameClub Incoboto (by Fluttermind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    There's a clue in the fact that it's a Microportal. Microportals preserve your momentum and relative direction, remember.

If you want to come out at a specific angle, go in at a specific angle.

2. blaxxeven

blaxxeven New Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Thank you

This is a beautiful game and exactly what I was looking for.

3. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Finally got around to finishing this today. Absolutely beautiful game. One of the best games on iOS. Controls are fantastic, the puzzles just feel about the right level of difficulty and the story is engaging and very interactive in that you really have to search out to get all of the story.
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

4. Neeblasties

Neeblasties New Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Brightsky

Hi, stuck on 39 star pieces and cannot work out how to activate the beam to get to Infinity. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

5. apt213

apt213 New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #225 apt213, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    Grappling Hook

I can't believe that I've gotten this far in the game (41 stars) and I'm baffled by something this stupid, but can someone PLEASE tell me where the grappling hook is? I clearly missed it along the way. I've tried to backtrack a few systems but still can't find it.

I'm so stuck on Perish. I don't even think the grappling hook will help, but I'm out of ideas. How does Inco jump up to the portal near the two timers?

6. suchnsuch15

suchnsuch15 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Infinity

Well, after you hit all of the spinning red targets to activate the beam for star piece 39, you're led to a sparksphere sitting right next to it (next to the Corporation sign). You'll need to use that to help you activate the beam. Just remember that when you use one sparksphere on another, they both recharge. :)

7. suchnsuch15

suchnsuch15 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Re: Grappling hook

I don't want to tell you how to do something, because that's no fun. Hopefully this is vague yet specific enough to help.

Since you can't jump UP to get to the platform with the portal, perhaps you should try another direction. Maybe try to find something about the same height that you can stand on and jump to the platform.

8. apt213

apt213 New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks

Thank you suchnsuch15! Sure enough, that did the trick. I didn't think there was any chance it would, but there you go.

I do still need to know where the grapple is though, so I can go back and get it. I'm sure it will be critical at some point, though I've gone without it so far.

Thanks!

9. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    Thanks so much for the kind words. It's so weird how divided people are about controls. Some people seem to hate them. Some love them. At some point I'll do a proper study and try to figure out exactly how much of the dislike was due to poor in-game training, or misreading the instructions at the start (some people think you have to double-tap... What?).

Anyhow - glad you guys are still enjoying it. I made it for people like you.

10. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Any plan to add retina support?

11. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Back on page 19 it was suggested that 'yes', after a break. I know I'd love to hear if it's still in the wings.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I don't think the controls are ideal, but they work well enough and the game is awesome. They were only occasionally frustrating. Mostly they worked well.

13. suchnsuch15

suchnsuch15 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Well if you can get the grappling hook earlier I have no idea how..
    I'm actually stuck on Stalwart in DreadThought myself and have no clue how to get past the first section with star piece 1! :/

14. Nshager

Nshager Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Zija Distributor
    Kentucky, USA
    Awesome game. And the fact that one person made this is crazy!!! Hats off!!!
    I waited a while to purchase and now I regret doing so.

This game, and Swordigo, are the 2 best games I've played in the last 6 months.

15. orca239

orca239 New Member

May 11, 2012
    Hey, love the game. But I'm stuck in the MerryMeet system, trying to get the 70th star piece. It's the one above the see-saw contraption to the left of the Gate to WheelTurn. I see the yellow/orange microportal I need to go through, but I'm completely stumped.

16. vordhosbn

vordhosbn Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Australia
    #236 vordhosbn, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Felt the need to post and say how much I enjoyed this fantastic game. I bought (and completed) it at launch and it's stuck in my memory as one of my very favourite iOS experiences. That it was created by one person is nothing short of astounding.

The difficulty level was perfect - many levels made me stop and think, but nothing ever caused me frustration.

The atmosphere was super. Made me feel isolated and lonely, but not in an especially sombre or depressing way. And I loved that so much emotion could be conveyed by a relatively simply drawn sun with such little animation and/or dialogue.

And the controls were great. Whilst they could have possibly been simpler and more "familiar", I loved that they were unique - just added to the experience. My only quibble would be that, given their uniqueness, the controls could have been given a little more explanation in game. For example, until I came across this thread, I had no idea that it was easier to burn those pesky black things by widening your fingers and spreading out your sunbeam. Since it's possible (though more challenging) to complete the game without that knowledge, it's not a technique that naturally teaches itself.

Anyway, thanks for an amazing experience, Dene! Loved every minute of it. Very much looking forward to seeing what you get up to next.

17. Elliott

Elliott New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Last Star On Pity

I'm stuck on how to get the last star on Pity. I think it has something to do with the three dials to the right of the tower with the Blue Power Pod Creator. Any suggestions on activating the dials? Thank you!

18. Elliott

Elliott New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    #238 Elliott, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    I'm stck there as well :(
    I do really love the game though!

19. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Still no retina support :( I really wanna play this

20. Mr. Grizzly