N.Y.Zombies (Final Trailer) -- Finally blow away HORDES of zombies in 1st person!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#1 Foursaken_Media, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    Hi everyone. We have a new, final trailer we'd like to show people as we are nearing release in the next couple of weeks.

Icon
    [​IMG]

We would also love any comments/suggestions for the icon, considering the importance of it.

Brief description:

NYZ is a FUN, simple to play, yet DEEP 3d zombie shooter. In a nutshell, you will kill enemies and save survivors as you progress through a story mode that takes you across 20 diverse environments and through the the story of an average guy caught in New York when this "apocalypse" happens. Earn cash and buy and upgrade from over 20 specialized weapons and abilities. Equip any 6 weapons/abilities to take with you into battle, customizing the way you want to play. Use strategy to determine which weapons work best against which enemies and in which situations and environments. Manage your reload times and prioritize your targets. And of course, mow down the hordes of 40+ zombies coming at you at once.

Why are we NOT "just another zombie game?"

1. Unprecedented onscreen action for a 3d, first person iPhone game! Finally you can blow away MASSES of zombies, instead of just the 5-6 that you see in say, COD or Dead Strike (no offense to those games, we're just going a different route). But its not just mindless action. A layer of strategy will be key in how to use your weapons, manage their reload times, how to use them against which enemies, and in what environments.

2. Content and Polish. N.Y.Z. has over 20 COMPLETELY unique environments to play through in the story mode, with another unique, changing environment for the endless mode (with online leader board). We're not talking 20 stages over 4 unique environments, or a bunch of repeated levels that feel the same and are just boring. We're talking completely different levels. N.Y.Z. will be fully featured right on release -- we're not taking the ever too common approach that "we'll get it right in the future with updates."

3. Weapons and customization. "Doesn't everyone have this?" Yeah but N.Y.Z. actually requires a certain level of strategy to use weapons effectively and manage your 6 equipment slots. Additionally each weapon/ability is completely different, not just redundant versions of the same thing over and over again. Do you want to load up on health, armor and machete or chainsaw? Maybe you want to load up on heavy weapons like the rail gun and mini gun? Maybe you like to play defensively -- then go ahead and blanket the map with proximity mines and burn the zombies with molotovs and grenades. Its up to you!

There's obviously so much more, but I think I've already gone too far ;) We would really appreciate any comments.

Thanks everyone.

- Jamie

2. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Great

This looks pretty fun, except im not sure about 30+ a once for a survival game. It knd of takes away the horror in my opinion.

3. Desparobo

Desparobo Active Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Awsome, really. This game looks very nice. Auto-purchase for me.

4. HyphyCus

HyphyCus Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    No. Cali, US
    Looks sick. Not sure if the actual game has that much slow motion in it. If it does, it might drive me crazy!

5. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I beta tested this game and I can easily recommend buying it as soon as it comes out! :) It is really an awesome game! There is so much content in the game- story mode (20+ levels and 2 difficulty levels) and endless mode (with global leaderboards). The game is extremely polished and fun to play. Definitely one of the best games on the app store!

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

beeing a beta tester I can tell you that te game is alot of fun! :)

For those interested, here's a gameplay video showing one of the story mode levels and some achievements! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxmV-SKLKec

sorry I didn't have the minigun equiped^^ :D :(

(someone please embed? ;))

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks great! Gameloft and their "Zombie Infection" have some competition on their hands.

8. Der-Kleine

The level speed is different from level to level. some are crazy fast, some are on the slow side, some are mixed!

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Well itman, we figured the app store was littered with survival horror games (resident evils, dead strike, call of duty is more similar to survival horror then survival "action", and even the upcoming Zombie infection looks like another resident evil type game). We chose to do something more along the lines of L4D-ish.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is another 3d, 1st person game for the iPhone PERIOD (zombies or not) that has the number of enemies we are pushing out?

I also want to remind everyone this is NOT a mindless shooter. I think we really have a good balance between casual players picking it up for the first time while offering depth for more experienced gamers.

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Trust me, if anything, this game is NOT slow. At all. This game is INTENSE. I've been tapping and swiping all over the screen to try to reload a gun I wasn't using, pick out the next gun that fit the situation, and turn and shoot all the zombies that were about to kill me. It's insane, trust me.

This game is awesome... Definetly something original and extremely well done and fun to play. Anyone with any interest in survival games, tap-to-shoot games, or zombies should buy this game. Really.

11. Der-Kleine

hehe, never let too many zombies get too close... if that should happen there's always the minigun! :D

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

13. Der-Kleine

nahh, that doesen't kill as fast and the spinn-and-shoot trick doesen'T work as well! :p

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Or you're just dead. Especially in the one level with the runners... Yeah, they always overwhelm me and I get killed. I should probably use some proximity mines to stop them, but I wouldn't have room for my chainsaw anymore... again, tons of strategy.

15. Manny7

Manny7 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    cant wait for this game look great if your waiting for zombie game this is the one to get

16. Der-Kleine

wich one with the runners do you mean? :p

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    12th Ave. I always get killed there. I'm trying to go back and get the minigun before continuing on. And seeing how well the proximity mines are, I'll probably get some of those too. I need the rail gun for the giants though, I like to take them down before they even get close.

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yeah we would definitely like people to know that there is a lot more to N.Y.Z then simply "point and shoot and done," which is why a lot of games get stale after a while.

Just so people know, we will be releasing a lite along with the full version (both at the same time), so if you are curious you'll be able to try it out for free first.

19. magnum_2107

magnum_2107 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I'm going to sound like a broken record cause I ask this about just about every game, but will this game have a save/resume feature to save progress mid-level? If not, how long are the stages typically?

Thanks.

20. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#20 Foursaken_Media, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    No it does not have saving mid level, but it auto-saves right after each level is completed. Levels last for about 5-10 minutes each (which is why we have over 20 different areas -- we wanted players to see a lot of places without getting bored of any of them) so if you have to unexpectedly quit, you shouldn't lose too much. Endless waves are the same formula (auto-save after each wave), which are 1.5 minutes each.

But one of the things which we HOPE to accomplish here, is eliminating the whole "great, I have to replay a level???" thing that happens in many games because, well... those games just arent that fun. We found that many beta testers ENJOYED going back to previous levels and replaying them for more cash, though in the easy mode that is by no means a requirement to succeed.