App description: "If you're looking to get started within the realm of roguelikes, this whimsical title could be a fantastic entry ticket." - 148 Apps

One of the most compelling and addictive iOS games I've played in years Pixelated Paradise

"Card Dungeon is a bizarre mash-up of genres that works better than I'd expected. It's more about dungeon exploration than card collection, but it manages to make both quite entertaining." - Pocket Gamer UK

""A highly addicting mix of genres that ticks all the right boxes" - Games Finder

Take control of Crusader and free the lands from the hordes of the Nethermist in this turn based strategy rogue. Card Dungeon is a completely unique and handcrafted board / card /rogue-like game experience unlike anything you have played before. Easy to pick up and play for 10 minutes, but has enough depth and strategy that you will still be playing after multiple hours.

You can only do 1 thing / turn. Choose wisely.

When the game starts you are dealt three cards. The cards are used for attacks, defense, health, magic, summoning and much more. When the player defeats a monster or opens a chest, a new card may be revealed. The user then has to decide if they want to keep their current card or switch it to the new one. Progress through the levels as far as you can. When you die, you restart at the beginning. If you make it back to where you died, you get all your cards and money back.
No IAP. No in game ads. No internet required. Buy it once and get the full game as it should be.

Features:

Full 3D. Rotate, zoom and pan across gorgeous board game tiles.
Discover and equip over 1,000 cards.
Each play through genuinely unique as you transition from playing a hard hitting warrior to a summoning wizard to a trap laying rogue, etc, etc, etc. Dozens of combinations await you!
Randomly generated levels with hand placed creatures.
No defined player classes. The cards define your class!
Discover armor and weapon cards that help define who Your Crusader is this run.
Unlock trait cards which modify how Crusader acts in game. Play a cowardly, but strong Crusader. Next time play a Crusader strong with magic, but one that keeps losing money.
Record short video clips and upload your achievements and rare card finds for your friends to see. You can even record commentary directly from inside the game (requires use of camera and microphone).
21 levels packed with 40+ monsters, each with their own unique skills for Crusader to overcome.
Unique and beautiful artwork
Original score by Ian Dorsch

*Compatible with the iPhone 4S and up, the iPad 2 and up, the iPad mini and the fifth-generation iPod touch.
03-14-2015, 01:46 PM
I haven't bought this yet but I've read the complaints. So did the update eliminate the lave, teleportation, etc...?

Or greatly reduce it or what? Can some kind soul let me know what the changes were made? Thx
03-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonHurst View Post
I haven't bought this yet but I've read the complaints. So did the update eliminate the lave, teleportation, etc...?

Or greatly reduce it or what? Can some kind soul let me know what the changes were made? Thx
The update eliminated the lava and instant teleportation. Now after the boss has been taken down you can roam through the dungeon to get the best loot before you head into the next dungeon.

With the update the game is awesome in my opinion.

03-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicanttheory View Post
The update eliminated the lava and instant teleportation. Now after the boss has been taken down you can roam through the dungeon to get the best loot before you head into the next dungeon.

With the update the game is awesome in my opinion.
Thanks! Maybe I'll give it a shot then...
03-16-2015, 09:25 PM
re downloading for the third time. lol fingers crossed. a lot of potential from the start but failed in some aspects. hopefully things are sorted.
03-17-2015, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleerkoat View Post
re downloading for the third time. lol fingers crossed. a lot of potential from the start but failed in some aspects. hopefully things are sorted.
Let us know what you think. Doesn't sound like any gameplay changes were made (as in a utility slot kind of way) so I'm still on the fence here. Thx
03-18-2015, 10:45 PM
Has the movement been sped up... especially for empty rooms, etc? Thanks
03-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonHurst View Post
Has the movement been sped up... especially for empty rooms, etc? Thanks
If there are no other creatures in view you can move quickly. Best thing to do is clear rooms as you go so you can quickly double back later on.
03-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicanttheory View Post
If there are no other creatures in view you can move quickly. Best thing to do is clear rooms as you go so you can quickly double back later on.
Thanks for the info!
05-09-2015, 04:06 AM
Still crashes on iPad 2

...every five minutes, which it didn't in the initial version. Unfortunately I don't have anymore the earlier versions for a rollback. Waiting for the guys to sort that out

Now playing: Desktop Dungeons, Waterdeep, PvZ2, Kami, Blastball MAX
Waiting for: Love you to bits, Lumino City, Onirim

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.