[Music] Cubasis [$49.99 -> $33.99]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by primozz, Dec 18, 2013.

1. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    I don't own it (yet) but I know it is highly regarded ...

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Mmm... Still above my budget for ios. I know that apps have come a long way; but I'm simply not willing to spend that much on an app, I just don't believe it to be as powerful as a PC program; despite knowing that they can be at this point.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #3 Greyskull, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Solid app. More user friendly then Auria, less specific and IMO a lot better than BM2. And yes-I have all three. Plus, Steinberg is up to something...creating VST style plugins? Chris1A, to the thread!

EDIT: not yet universal, but Looptical is solid as well. For just plain ol recording,Multitrack DAW is the most budget friendly. Couple it with Audio Mastering and some effects...

I DON'T have FL Mobile, Meteor, or that one nobody uses. Oh yeah, a lot more memory efficient than Tabletop.

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    You would pay significantly more than 33 for an equivelent desktop program. I know people who have actually,IRL,created pro-sounding 40+track (yes,over 40 tracks) recordings with Auria. Though not with Cubasis as far as I can recall.

5. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    True. I payed like 60 for Reaper. But I'm willing to spend more for PC software is what I mean to say. Not sure why... Just old habits maybe? Not used to spending so much money on something I once considered just a "mobile/tablet".

I'm sure I'll get one soon. If I had to choose just one thing to get right now, you're recommending Multitrack DAW?

6. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I only tried for a few hrs, a version or two ago. It kept crashing and deleting projects, which a DAW shouldn't do under any circumstances whatsoever. I'm sure it's better now tho, the Steinberg rep told me they'd have it fixed by now. I am a Cubase SX user though, so I'm keeping an eye on this one.

I'm fully occupied by Caustic ATM. It's basically 10 bucks for Propellerheads Reason on your idevice. Amazing piece of work, check it out.

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Repapermonkey-if you want to get tunes into a format others can hear, Multitrack DAW will do it. No instruments. I know one hell of an electronic artist who owns nearly every app,Cubasis and Auria included-he assembles in Nanostudio. Just make sure you have Audioshare. Makes everything easier (especially if you use AudioCopy/General Pasteboard a lot).

8. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Alrighty, thanks a lot. I do have Nano.

9. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I didn't try caustic, which looks fantastic, but finally i bought cubasis. After a few hours, i think it's THE daw i was looking for since i bought an ipad. I've made a lot of tracks with BM2, i bought auria and used it a few hours ( i'm waiting for the midi sequencer), i have nanostudio, and a lot more.

None of them are so easy to use. Even beatMaker 2 is really more complicated (i like it a lot, but since audiobus and IAA, i don't want to use it anymore, i don't know why, maybe because it's not instinctive). If i want to polish a song, i use ableton or protools on my pc. With this i'm able to write quickly an idea, a melody i have somewhere, to developp it later with my hardware stuff (A4, Ti2, OT, tempest, i like them so much!). I don't need to work a lot with the ipad, just write the first idea, and take my time after with the hardware. Maybe auria will be usable in the future, but until now i was a bit disappointed with the other daws.

I don't know if i have to buy caustic, i'm a bit afraid of being in front of another tabletop (i'm not sure of the name). I was a big reason user before, but finally ableton and protools are way better for my use. BTW, caustic is cheap, and i heard it was very well done, particulary the modular part. It's impressive that it's made by onle one guy.

I don't know if i'm going to use symphony pro anymore. At first, i realized my songs at first on a score with symphony pro, import the midi part in BM2, and tweaking automations and instruments in BM2. Now i think i'll probably write them in cubasis, it's easier, quicker than starting with symphony pro.

(Sorry for the faults, i'm belgian).

10. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i wish they make an iphone version of this!

in the meanwhile, i use FL studio and Nanostudio. I don't like BM2 - it's painfully sluggish on my 4th gen device.