Events to run to promote a facebook page or something?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by windrider07, Sep 4, 2012.

1. windrider07

windrider07 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    What sorts of events can be run to promote a facebook, twitter page, etc.?

When can these events be run and how long?

For instance, would it be ok to run an ipod giveaway for 2 months and then at the beginning of the 2nd month, run a 3 week itunes gift card giveaway event?

2. windrider07

May 8, 2012
  3. Silverous

Silverous Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    personal take on this..

Hi,

assuming the event is for promoting your games on the games' facebook/twitter page..

- It's probably tough and might not worth the $$ to do an event if your facebook/twitter page do not have much engaged audience. The key word here is engaged, not really the size of your audience.

- I would suggest building the audience via beta testing (maybe through external testing or usingTest Flight?) or giving incentive through your game for users to join your social media pages.

Once you see substantial amount of users who response to your normal posts.. then perhaps it might be time to start an event?

Because for me, i think there is always this fear of hosting an event on social media, but getting little or close to no response. =)

That's just my 2cents worth!

4. windrider07

May 8, 2012
    If it was for a casual game like Solitaire, what kinds of events could I run on facebook and twitter and how long could I run them? What events could I do daily, weekly, monthly?

5. LiamAtDevour

LiamAtDevour Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Co-founder/Programmer at Devour Games
    Brisbane, Australia.
    I think the best kind of events are ones that reward user-generated content. You often seen business run events on facebook where people can submit photos and the one with the most likes is the winner. Those kind of events are great from a business perspective because people naturally want to share the page with their friends to have their friends vote for them.

You want your event to acquire new users, not just entertain your existing fans.

6. winr

winr New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    If you're looking to add likes to your Facebook profile, try winr. It's our new way to find quality users and make them play for longer. winr is an achievement network that rewards users for using your app. When they complete an achievement in your app, they receive a contest entry and a chance to win up to $1000. We have a Facebook contest option that requires users to like your Facebook page before they can enter the contest to win a prize. We're working with select developers now to add winr to their apps. Sign-up today to add winr to your app.

Go to winr.me, and sign-up.