How many people have wireless connections that are not compatible with COD: Zombies?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Somerandomdude, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I was just curious as to how many people get the "Your current connection does not support online multiplayer" message. I know it's a big problem, but I'm just curious as to how big it is. If I get enough people, I might e-mail the company asking why this happens and if they can fix it in an update. This isn't a thread about how to fix it (But if you have a solution, go ahead), but more of a thread on how many are affected by this problem.

2. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Mine says the same thing and I bought this game to play online!!

3. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    yeah that was half the reason I bought a router was so I could play iPod games online and other than Eliminate, this was the big one for me. Strange, it worked at my grandparents' house when i went over last.

4. Zurvivor

Zurvivor Member

Nov 23, 2009
    hmm happens to me too. worked at my friends house, but at home its keeps saying "your current connection does not support online multiplayer"

5. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Has to be something with ports.

6. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, from what I've heard, this may be the issue. It's strange, because there is absolutely no other game out there that has this issue iDevice, PSP, DS, PC or otherwise. Quite strange. Hopefully this will be fixed.

7. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    This should help-http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=34035 i think this is your problem

8. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I just opened the same ports (I think) as are needed in the PC version of Call of Duty: World at War. I just don't know what ports to open for this stupid game... I wish Activision would put something up on their site DEDICATED to the iPhone game...

9. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Um dude... that's my problem because that's me that posted that thread... And I really couldn't do anything that was suggested on that thread, nothing works. I just need to find the correct ports.

10. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    when i go in no ones there so...yeah it sucks

11. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    I had the same problem for a while, made account got validated then error
    I then looked everywhere for answers, found nothing specific to this app apart from port numbers to open, tried that no joy

Apparently a lot of users from the UK specifically using the BT Homehub are havin the same probs (Lots of Bad reviews on itunes UK) I also have the dreaded hub
    I googled even more and found out about DMZ but could find no options within the hub manager

So Long story short it came down to opening up hub manager with firefox and not my usual Internet explorer, then 2 new options showed up that wasnt in the IE Browser
    UPnP and DMZ after that it was easy, just assigned my iphone to the DMZ and i was online
    Hope this might help

12. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    It works fine for me :confused:

13. jays6

jays6 Active Member

Aug 3, 2009
    It does that to me sometimes, but when I get better connection it's better.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I have UPnP on, and DMZ is set to my iPod's IP address, but to no avail. What ports did you turn on and did you open them in your iPhone or router? Also, what's the router's last number in the IP address? I keep trying this stuff but nothing happens.

Ah well, I got to play it at my grandparents house yesterday. It was fun, but my 1g lags alot. Hope I get a 3g for Christmas.

15. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Ah i see
    Just looked over settings again
    UPnP on
    No Ports Opened
    Security Level Standard
    Interface type 802.11g
    And assigned my iphone to the DMZ thats it
    24 is the last digits of router ip

IDK if this might help you its the ports from the support site

Question
    What ports does this game use?
    Answer
    This game uses ports 3074 and 3478 (UDP/TCP) but will also use a random port as well
    If You Have Any More Questions Ill Do What I Can To Help:)

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    #16 Somerandomdude, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
    thanks. I'll Check it out when I go on my computer as I am eriting this from
    my iPod.

I just tried it. Nothing. Did you send the ports to the router's IP or to your iPhone's?

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Just thinking, but what do they mean by "Will also use a random port as well"? That may be make or break for me, as that port might have to be open, and since I don't know what port that is, there's no way to get online. Why does this have to be the ONLY game that does this...

18. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Student
    The US
    I'm still confused, and having problems. Is there an easy way to fix this?

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Apparently not. I checked the official website's forums, and only 1 or 2 of the members with issues have actually fixed their connections. I guess we'll just have to wait until an update comes out... Crap.

20. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Student
    The US
    Dang. At least I can play with my Brother via Bluetooth.