Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 03-15-2014, 05:05 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Lol! He probably has even bought games where the developer raises the price of the game to $99 for a day. Have any of you guys seen some of the insane price changes for some games. Sometimes when I lookup random games price history through appshopper, the devs change the price almost everyday. Within a week the price would change from $5 to $99 and then free. What are these devs thinking? Is it some sort of pricing strategy or are they just trying to scam people?
Maybe they want to be picked up for a price drop by the sites.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:02 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

I always buy the $100 RP pack in League of Legends when I run out of RP, does that count?
Old 03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Learned the hard way

When first started playing Another Case Solved I went crazy stupid buying candies thinking I needed them. After seeing my credit card statement decided to use my brain vs cc. Most games have ways to play you can learn how to get around the IAPs, if they don't then delete them. I also play walking dead and have never paid for anything and have played 4 seasons so far.
One thing I noticed on the IAP game, that buying the 1.99 amount several times actually gave you more then the 99.99 or any other price in between would.
You can tell them what I told my girls and now my grand kids, if you want it go get a job otherwise forget it.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:27 PM

I just read that Angry Birds Epic offers a $125 IAP option.......just the thought of that repulses me. I can play console games that are awesome for 100+ hours that are 60 bucks.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:44 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Deuce View Post
I just read that Angry Birds Epic offers a $125 IAP option.......just the thought of that repulses me. I can play console games that are awesome for 100+ hours that are 60 bucks.
It's not the first game to offer that IAP, just saying. One of King.com's apps (farm heroes saga, I think) offer a $125 "micro transaction"
Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallvsMachines View Post
Are you referring to Walking Dead: The Game? How were you able to play 4 episodes of it without buying them?
I'm pretty sure only EP1 is for free, the rest you need to buy the IAP to unlock them.
I did pay the 25 for the extra pack 400 days then played through all and no charges. And the 400 days was worth the price. I didn't even realize there were IAPs in the game. but it was pc and not apple version of game. not sure if that makes a difference.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default too much for candies

When solving cases it eats up candies and every now and then throws you one like that would make up for the tons you used and paid small fortune for. They really get me when searching a building and having to check every object in a room. Time runs out several times and no way to go faster. I don't mind IAPs but they really need to make some changes on how much needed to play and how few you can work and watch commercials for free ones. This game can get so expensive that they will lose a lot of players. Doesn't make good business sense since so many like the game.