Pocket Avenger - Worlds challenging zombie runner game! (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

#1 antony.thai, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    Update: Nov - 28

Here is The Official Trailer of Pocket Avenger, I hope it can brings some briefs about Pocket Avenger before your decision to download it or not.

Update: Nov - 23

We're testing it with a ... gamepad :)

We're very sorry to stop the latest beta testing because we can't make it in-time with the beta testing plan. We need to do a lot of work to improve the game.

The release planning is delayed to Nov-28 as well.

And... we're still making Pocket Avenger better and better everyday.

Update Oct 8, 2013

2 new boss battles are added in today build. We can't wait to show you that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update Oct 6, 2013

Team up to destroy enemy's truck & zombie.
    [​IMG]

Update Sep 27, 2013

Some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey friends,

We're doing a zombie runner game that looks like the one in our video above. :rolleyes:. We can't wait to show you more and tell you guys about Pocket Avenger.

If anyone has some free times and are really a fan of "runner" & "zombie" game at the same time, please join us BETA TESTING it. We love to hear your feedbacks to improve Pocket Avenger more more more more for the release date Oct-17. (We know that our current beta release has a lots of room for improvements)

Please send us (via my inbox) your testflight account and lets me know also which iOs device that you're playing your game.

2. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Hello! I'm game designer of Pocket Avenger, we'd love get any feedback from TA player.

3. antony.thai

I've received some applications already, but we really want to have more and more helps.

If anyone wants to apply the beta testing, please tell us here. It's ok too.

Have a good weekend!

4. antony.thai

Hello all,

We have enough beta testers already, please hold and don't apply for more from now.

I will keep everyone posted with Pocket Avenger status in here.

Cheers!
    Antony

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking forward to playing this. I wish there was multi-level platforms like what's in Dont Run With A Plasma Sword, but this looks good.

6. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Thanks for your interest, first version will contain 40 levels with lot of challenges, we trying really hard for release on mid of next month.

7. antony.thai

Thanks for your interesting, what you says are exactly what we're doing in the past 6 months, levels design.

In Pocket Avenger, we are bringing a lot of mission types to challenge player. It's not only something only run, jump to pass platform or obstacle thing. There're so much more than that and I can't wait to see you them when we reach more in production progress.

Hope to receive more and more attention from Touch Arcade members.
    Antony

8. antony.thai

Update!

We're open to receive more beta testing application.

2 new bosses are added in this next beta release.

I will keep you guys posted.

Antony

9. antony.thai

Update Oct 6, 2013

Team up to destroy enemy's truck & zombie.
    [​IMG]

10. antony.thai

Hi all,

We're still opening for more beta tester of Pocket Avenger.

Cheers,
    Antony

11. antony.thai

Update Oct 8, 2013

2 new boss battles are added in today build. We can't wait to show you that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. antony.thai

Update: Nov - 23

We're testing it with a ... gamepad :)

We're very sorry to stop the latest beta testing because we can't make it in-time with the beta testing plan. We need to do a lot of work to improve the game.

The release planning is delayed to Nov-28 as well.

And... we're still making Pocket Avenger better and better everyday.

Cheers,
    Antony

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So the beta is over?

And release is this Thursday?

14. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    So it's like, not only you run away from zombies, but zombies run away from you? :D
    (FIrst ss)

15. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    That's a mission where you will face the boss, you chasing him and take him down.

16. antony.thai

Yes, I've sent you a code already, we're still learning on game development. We would love to have your feedback to try making thing better.

Antony

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow this thing caught me off guard! It's actually really neat!

I think the mechanics you guys mashed together work really well and I could see this taking off.

4 things

1. In the tutorial it should be "successful jumps" not "successfully jumps" (this goes for long jumps and short jumps as well)
    2. How do I play co-op? Do I need to have friends?
    3. In versus mode are those actually player controlled or more like ghosts of them? Like bots in their suit?
    4. Is there any chance that you'll add an option for manual fire?

18. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Thanks Jcho for positive feedback.

1. Thank you, we will correct it.
    2. There have a mission which you face and fight with big boss, in here you will need help from friends.
    3. These players will run automatically but distance will depend on their farthest run on Challenge mode.
    4. You can disable your weapon by tap on current weapon icon.

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Ohhhh ok I understand.

Except for number 4.

What I meant was like, could you add in a tap to shoot method, so I have to tap the right side if the screen to make my guy shoot instead of it being automatic? Similar to Strike Force Heroes Extraction or Monster Dash

20. antony.thai

Hmm.. I got what you mean.

I've got this request several times during the project already and still thinking a way to solve that.

In fact, the main concept is to let user only focusing on jumping and let the rest thing happens automatically, we think that this way player will have less thing to do.

And the 3 butttons (2 weapons & 1 powerup) are currently working like a switch. Which mean we turn this on/off only, it's because we want player don't need to press much as well.

However, it's only what we think during the project, let me get back with people here and raise again your suggestion, may be we will do some changes base on what you've raised to us.

Really thank you and appreciated for that input JCho133.

Regards,
    Antony