Universal [JPN] FINAL FANTASY XIII [By Square Enix / Broadmedia Corporation]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Apr 10, 2015.

1. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    [​IMG]
    FINAL FANTASY XIII / ファイナルファンタジーXIII

Broadmedia Corporation
    Genres: ゲーム ロールプレイング
    無料 ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPadThirdGen
    • iPadMini
    • iPhone6
    • iPhone5c
    • iPad23G
    • iPhone5
    • iPhone5s
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPhone4S
    • iPad2Wifi

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 20MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    LOL Download size 20MB??

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Game streaming... Check out TA's article on the main page.

4. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    another one that'll never get outside of japan, while in the meantime we are flooded with retro freetoplay cash-in games. I don't understand square, it's been ages since I was hoping for FF agito and the secret (or legend ?) of mana, and of course chaos rings 3; even the FF7 bike game still isn't here... what are they thinking ?

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I am both ecstatic and weeping inside at the same time.

I need and want this.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Watch Appspy playing it on youtube. It looks terrible.

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Sadly, that does actually make me feel a little better.

Having said that, technology cant be far off to pull this off properly!

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Meh streaming doesn't sound all that great to me. Once connection is bad that could be an issue. Also it just doesn't feel portable anymore. If it keeps using data then i might as well just sit down on my console and play it.

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    when final fantasy 4 came out: "the final fantasy mobile revolutions? begins" then they only release 5 and 6.... where's FF7? and chaos rings 3 :( sigh.l

10. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    What's the point of having it be streaming? If you're on a wi-fi connection you can just download the whole thing instead and if you aren't on a wi-fi connection you're not going to be playing a streaming game.

11. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    If anyone can find a decent article explaining streaming in layman's terms I think it might be worth pasting into here. A lot of people are going to be (and already are) confused about this. I'm trying to find one myself but not having much luck unfortunately.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011

Streaming will lower the download size and keep users in check. Streaming is basically the same as an online only game. Except in this case I'm sure it downloads content more often that most other online games.

Steaming is very bad for the consumer and great for companies. It keeps you from "owning" the product and keeps it difficult (not impossible) for hackers. Plus you're responsible for any data or fees. There's no upside to streaming / online requirements for users except possibly saving space on your device (which often doesn't happen as many games give you the whole game installed but you just need Internet).

13. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Well, there is the bonus of being able to run games like this that would otherwise be impossible for the device to handle. It's undeniably not without risk though, as the OnLive situation has made very apparent.

14. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I know all that. I was wondering there was some valid way to sell a consumer on the practice.

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Um well its pretty easy actually.

You know game have 'requirements' to run right? X amount of memory, hard drive space, processor speed etc.

Well when you are streaming a game like this, YOUR device doesnt need to meet any of the requirements, because the game is actually being run on the remote device that is streaming it.

YOUR device is essentially just streaming a movie of the gameplay, and sending back feedback like D-pad movement and button pushes etc.

This means your low spec iphone or android device, can potentially play very high spec games, because the device isnt RUNNING the game.

Think of it like you are watching a youtube video of a game, except you are able to control what happens in the video.

(sorry, re-read your post and I guess you understand just fine, but hopefully my explanation will help others)

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Just bought my Japan App Store codes and about to buy this one up. A lot of great games on the Japan App Store don't see myself going back to us store except to download past games here and there. I enjoy their F2P games much more too and I usually steer clear of those. Anyways I will post some feedback on playing it on a 5s running iOS 9.2.
    The 30 minute demo was great and this is one I actually haven't played yet.

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Wow def worth the 2000 yen to be able to play xiii on my phone when I beat this one I'm gonna grab xiii-2 for 2400 yen.
    Only takes up 18MB too!
    Like the battle system for this game. First time playing it and I'm enjoying it very much. Shazh snow lightning good characters too

18. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    So is it really the FULL game? Only streamed like OnLive, etc?

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #19 Dailon80, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    It's a 30 min demo
    For free and yes full game and the full game runs 2000 yen or 20$ us I just bought a Japan App Store gift card to pay for it from Japan codes. First time your order may take up to 12 hours to get your code after that it's pretty instant. They also have Xiii-2 part 2 but it's more at 2400 yen or 24$ US dollars and it's great too. As long as you are on a good wifi connection or like me have unlimited data it's great to have. If you don't have a good connection you will get some buffering but for me it's been pretty seamless. I can def play it with no problems and at only 18MB it's great!
    All the cut scenes everything is there! Of course it's mostly in Japanese so I had to go to some sites to see the menu translations. When you start it up you will see a blue and red option in Japanese click red to play demo click blue to buy full game. there is no tax so it's 2000 yen period. So I got two 1000 yen gift cards.
    The Japan App Store also has final fantasy möbius and other great final fantasy and dragon quest games I've been in rpg heaven since creating my Japan account! I just can't believe I'm playing this game on my phone. Square enix is behind this by the way it's not a scam fraud or a kid w a project it's legit copy.
    My next thing is to figure out what items I'm picking up but there's translations for it online. Also this has easy mode not all versions have that.
    Right now I'm also playing Kingdom hearts unchained x, final fantasy legends, and grandmasters plus monster hunter explore, million Arthur all thanks to Japan App Store :) have more games to play then time now!