Anyone else's Peggle addiction subside quite a bit?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Dec 19, 2009.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I first heard of Peggle back when the DS version came out. Bought it after a few months of deciding, and then thought to myself (this game is pretty damn fun). I was semi-addicted for a while. Then I started playing Chrono Trigger DS, and I put Peggle away for a while.

I had an LG Dare at the time, and found out they had the game available on that. So I downloaded it, and was slightly addicted to it for a while. The controls were subpar and not nearly as precise as they should have been, but I wasn't complaining too much.

Next up came the purchase of my iPhone back in June. Somewhere along the way, I downloaded Peggle on the Xbox Live Arcade, and was playing that off and on. After a few weeks of having my iPhone, I finally broke and downloaded Peggle for it, though it would be a nice gesture for Mr. iPhone :D

And thus the addiction spread throughout my body, sending electrical shocks to my brain every time I turned the game on. I could feel a deep connection to Peggle unlike anything I've experienced before. Every time a peg was hit, my eyes would roll in glee. My brain would have an electrical surge every time "Ode to Joy" played.

...okay I'm getting hyperbolic. But it was a damn fun game, and this was the time when I was truly "addicted" to it. I always kept it on the front page of my phone, and never dared to take it off.

Then in October, I had a revelation when I was playing a match: Wow, I'm really not having fun. As if it simply happened over night, the fun I used to have with Peggle was completely missing. Something changed, and I don't know what. It's fine for a game or two here and there, but I'm not nearly as addicted as I once was.

Does anyone else feel like their Peggle addiction has gone down to such incredible lows as you don't actually have fun with it at all anymore?

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    That happens with a lot of my iPod games..they're all short lived, play them a bit or beat/finish them and I just stop playing

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You always go back to Peggle. I've been on and off for two years.

4. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    ^^This is true.^^

I've been playing it on and off since I got Peggle extreme with the Orange Box on steam. There was even a time when I played it more than Team Fortress 2. But now I hardly play it, save a few rounds every once in a while.