How to Find the Wednesday NZ Releases

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by triggywiggy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Seeming that ImNoSuperman is not a Mod anymore and that likely means that he won't be doing the NZ releases anymore do you guys know any way other than using the NZ App Store to find releases?

At the moment I am just searching the NZ App Store to see if games have come out but I can't do that without knowing what App to search for in the first place.

I know that ImNoSuperman said that there was "Another" way but he was reluctant to share that with me so now i fear that we won't be able to get a list of all the new releases in NZ up every Wednesday without his help or his other way.....

My question to you guys is "Do you know of any other ways?"

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    That's actually pretty stupid. Why would he be the only one who knows what games are released in NZ?!?!? Then the iPhone and iPod Touch Games section would be dead. I'm pretty sure that some of the moderators and either Hodapp, arn or blake know how to do it also since Hodapp has posted some NZ threads before.

3. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yeh but it seems that they must have to do the NZ post's or we are stuffed for......

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    The AppShopper app or AppShopper.com.

5. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Nop they don't work........ Not with Wednesday releases....

6. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Really? Does it show you the apps show up only in the NZ store?

7. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    No it doesn't, Tried that before it will only show you when the App release in the US. :/

8. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    IMNS's response to this question on twitter:

ImANinjah: But will you abandon nz release posts?

IMNS: that was just a thought. I don't know if I can leave ta or not >.<

And he already said he's not TOTALLY leaving TA, but he's just not gonna post as often. Maybe he will post his NZ thread and other thread stuff but not post comments and such?

9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    All I know is that they happen at 5 or 6 am EST. So if you're awake then...hmm.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It does for the U.S.. 148apps and TA's new releases page too(speaking solely on US store). Heck, I use the AppShopper app almost more than any other app because of how well execute it is.

Not sure because I never really tried. I've grown to be patient with 8pm PST releases(thanks to everyone else around the worlds' initial impressions).

What about refreshing iTunes with an NZ account and checking the dates? I know it shows the date submitted but double checking TA threads would help to confirm its actually new; no? Just trying to help...

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I've got ALL your answers right HERE:

Searching the NZ App Store is the only way to find them.

Just search for the games that you think or know are coming out.

He's a LIAR! When I tried battling him to see who could post the NZ threads first, i asked him how he found them and if he had a special way of finding them. He told me that he manually has to search for them.

Read above. :D

12. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    btw, I would do it, but I can't as I'm going back to school.

13. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    That, I'm guessing, would take a long time for all the NZ releases he posts on Wednesday's.

SOLUTION: Set up a NZ iTunes account.

14. DregsOnLegs

DregsOnLegs Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    #14 DregsOnLegs, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
    Ok ok!! This idea is kinda crazy, and you might think im crazy at first for saying this..but how about------

how about we actually wait until we wake up on Thursday to see the list of releases! :O shock horror!!!!

Why stay up until 12 am or 3am to see what's coming out whe you could just sleep, wake up, and there all there.. No searching for random titles, no wondering about what secret batman powers ImNoSuperman had.
    he probably gathered all the information from "upcoming games" and searched for all the titles.

No wonder why he wanted to reduce his TA time, it would be tiring searching all those titles every single Wednesday night..

Anyways, it was a luxury having his threads to look forward to every wed night, but it's a big job to ask of someone, maybe if everyone pitches in and helps it could work, or maybe everyone could search for games and posted which ones are out on the "upcoming games" thread, and then one person could turn them all into threads so there won't be doubles.

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Random New Zealand App Store searching makes little sense because IMNS had been posting a list of random and often unimportant titles that show up weekly. There's not way he would catch that many insigificant titles without insanely random searches for infinite alphanumeric strings. There is likely a more efficient way to scour the NZ App Store.

16. flybird

flybird Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Gee! You solved all puzzles.

17. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Ikr? I was thinking this as well. The only way he could find all those games (and some of them are really not very big or popular) is if he searched the most random words he could and find new NZ releases. Or search the web for like 10 hours for news about upcoming games..

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    When you go to Games category there you can see Action, Arcade under top 200. You go to actions section, after scrolling down a little there's a place that shows all games, just search for new games and it shows all latest games for the category. That's one way.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #19 Vovin, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011

Surprisingly brave of you, to accuse someone of lying who isn't here anymore to defend himself.
    Of course there are two ways to find NZ releases immediately. Maybe INSM just don't wanted to tell you, because you TRIED battling him.

Just check the recent NZ threads. INSM started posting them not even 5 minutes after midnight in NZ. You can't do it this fast when you have to search manually for every app.

O.k., here's the solution:

LOLavi is right with the one way (so I don't have to explain this any further), the other way is to access the AppStore via your mobile device;
    - switch to NZ store in your preferences,
    - then start the App Store app,
    - chose "categories",
    - then "games",
    - then "all games",
    - click on the tab "date"
    and you have all actual releases of the NZ store nicely listed in front of you.

20. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Um, wow dude. I love how you always single me out in every thread you find. Fyi, I wasn't being serious. Yes, of course he isn't a liar but I just said it for the fun of it.

And please tell me what you do after you see the list. Oh yeah, that's right, you have to manually search iTunes for them. :rolleyes: