iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Strange Brew

Strange Brew Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Financial systems analyst
    MN
    Soooooo Brandon,

Since you've been so quit lately on PH's forum, I either think you are busy with another update, or the game is dying off.

I really hope the latter doesn't happen, I really like this game alot.

2. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

Not dying off :)

I have been really busy and I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished this week and plan to have things to share with all of you about the next big update either at the end of this week or early next week.

In the meantime, please let me know if you run into any trouble or if you have any more suggestions.

3. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Well. I finally uninstalled this game. I wanted to like it so much, but ONE person going AFK makes the entire game stall. Oh well, was fun while it lasted!

4. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I'm having fun with the game, but it definitely needs a way to skip over/boot out/take people's turn for them, those who don't take their turn after a predetermined amount of time, say 24 hours. I think this a MUST for this game.

It would be nice if the Paladin could heal himself, I'm not really digging him all that much. His abilities just don't impress me really. Smite doesn't seem to do any more damage than a normal hit, either, which is disappointing. But... meh. Those things are nitpicky compared to fixing the problem created by non-players.

5. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Ah, I heal myself all the time with the Pally. Look over his skills more, and make sure to target yourself.

6. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    #786 Strange Brew, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    Dude, I'll play with ya. What's your gamer tag? Then you'll get to enjoy it, it's fun stuff.

7. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    #787 Strange Brew, Aug 21, 2012
    Nice! Finally some chatter! Thx for the post Brandon!! Really happy to hear you still have updates on the horizon.

Need more to do stuff with our characters!! Arena, ch. 2, anything!!

But plz fix rogue's double shot, it's not as cool as it should be, and I'm not seeing double dmg.

Not sure of any other skills not working right.

More animations too!! ;)

8. Hercio

Hercio Member

Aug 21, 2012
    General Game Comments (meant nicely)

Good evening,

Just wanted to pass along some feedback from my friends and I. Presently we have a total of 5 people playing this game as a mixed group in different games with different characters. I wanted to pass along that we are all quite happy with it and asynchronous multiplayer in an RPG format is amazing.

A few things that we have noticed and/or wish to mention as minor gripes. If I repeat anything anyone else has said I deeply apologize. I have tried to keep up/read these posts as much as possible but parts I did skim quickly.

1. We found that the replay on comrades’ turns are often very quick. If it could be slowed down slightly so everyone knows what everyone has done the previous turn that would be appreciated.
    2. When poisoning a target there is no way to know which target is poisoned unless you try to keep track of that one particular target in a melee which may involve moving characters. Either having a status symbol, a change of color (like green), a mark on their character profile window, or something of the like would be appreciated in this case.
    3. We don’t really know how long status effects last for in the game – nor is there a status symbol or mark on your character card to reflect that (that we have seen). Is there one? Can there be? I do not know how long my evasion boost or defense boost lasts. It matters in terms of timing when to pop a power with those last few precious MP. If my comrades could see that I had an evasion boost up they may make different decisions. My friends and I think being able to see status effects and their duration is a key part of an RPG and should seriously be considered. :eek:
    4. We would love to be able to see each other’s paper doll to see what gear is equipped on party members.
    5. We noticed that “soldier” was spelled incorrectly in the case of Vermen.
    6. Skills like Smite do not appear to do any more damage than a normal attack. As such there seems no reason to use them over a basic attack.
    7. I believe the ability to resync to potentially skip the monster turn or “reroll damage” should be removed. While I agree that it could be considered a tool to use I think that part of the challenge should be that you have to go with what you’re given. Being able to reroll damage, reload the store, and potentially skip the monster action should be taken out or corrected.
    8. More often than not I carelessly click somewhere during the movement phase and move the wrong way by accident. While this is my own stupidity would not a move confirmation option or a double tap method be a viable option?This has happened to my friends on several occasions (you usually hear a curse in the coffee shop). Does anyone else have this problem?
    9. We noticed that when you are dead if you level up while the party is still fighting you rise to your feet with 100% health. Is this intentional?
    10. The Lunar Priestess' Crater power sometimes causes damage into the millions.
    11. More animations please. :D

That’s all for now. I hope this is considered constructive and not detrimental criticism.

Thank you for your time and efforts. The game is great and we are certainly enjoying it.

Regards,

Hercio

9. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Plus 1 on all your suggestions, good post! Alot of that has been mentioned before but it doesn't hurt to refresh our wish lists!

10. smiffee666

smiffee666 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    UK
    not sure if its just me or not but is anyone else having trouble with the server being unresponsive today?

11. HenkGlimlach

HenkGlimlach Active Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Just got an error.

12. poohzombie

poohzombie Active Member

Aug 21, 2012
    #792 poohzombie, Aug 21, 2012
    I'm new here and not sure if this is the place but I'm dyin to check this game out and the random option doesn't appear to yield anything. Anyway, if anyone is down to group up. My gamecenter ID is poohzombie.

13. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    Just took my turn, seems fine for me.

14. Strange Brew

Jul 23, 2012
    MN
    If u don't find someone add me to a new adventure, GC = The 80's pwnd

Prolly play Pally, as I've beat ch 1 with a Rogue and workin on the next with a Dwarf Mech. It's super fun!!

15. car

car Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game It reminded me of my childhood, I liked the nice music and the settle graphics..

16. Hercio

Hercio Member

Aug 21, 2012
    On a minor note

My friend was just mentioning to me as we were browsing this forum that even a feedback button/bug report button in game could be prudent - along with even perhaps a news button so people are aware of upcoming patches and adjustments or service issues. While this is an excellent resource I stumbled across this by accident and others may not be so lucky?

17. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    i cant seem to get this game to work with random people. I got 3 characters with invite random people, and still the game hasnt started, since i cant seem to find any random people. And my paladin (that i made first) just crashes the game as it tells me there was a problem starting that game.

Cant seem to delete my created characters either.

18. ibmurai

ibmurai Well-Known Member

Been playing with a friend since release. There are SO many bugs related to the state synching. Especially in the later quests where a lot of mobs can be active at a given time.
    It's still fun but very very broken.
    The latest update actually seemed to make things more buggy.
    I would not recommend the game - I have a hunch it will never be really good. There are so many bugs I think that the developers simply took a wrong approach to the technicalities of state synching...

19. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

Hercio,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. Some of these are things that other people have listed as well but there are a few here that I'm ashamed to say I hadn't thought of until now. I'll add these to the update list and work to get them in the game.

Thanks for playing and for writing up this great list.

20. Hercio

Hercio Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Yay - I'm mildly useful!

Thank you for your kind words.

Realistically people might say that Pocket Heroes is a bit rough around the edges (and I cannot disagree in some aspects) but you have touched on an experience that I have yet to find on a mobile device. Asynchronus Cooperative Multiplayer in an RPG format. That in itself makes the game worth playing with friends even with bugs, glitches, and the occasional WTF.

You got something good going on. I hope you run with it until she is shiny and polished. At the end of the day, no matter what, someone is always going to point something out you never thought of (just hopefully in a good way :D)

My friends and I will continue to give you any feedback we can come up with for as long as we play and as long as you'll listen.

Regards,

Hercio