Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    I would like some advice from people who clear habitats so they can dex a breed more quickly .... I am up to 51% with Templums and want to speed up the slow progress ..... If I sell or gift all the other frogs to clear space I am worried I'll run out of coin quickly as I then have to purchase breeds for the request frogs and sets from the dex .... Is that a realistic worry or does the sale of the frogs I'm dexing compensate this expense ....

I would love to hear from forum folks with some experience of this process ....

XXX

PS: thanks to quossum for cornus and maholah for the lotus .... Much appreciated

2. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada

Since you will sell more frogs instead of probably keeping frogs in your habitats in case you need them, you will make more money. I use a lower level frog to dex everything and even if it cost me for example 5000 coins to breed and I only sell my low level frog 2000 coins, the high level one will be maybe 12000 coins. If you dex 1 pattern at the time, you will make more money than the way I do it and I am now at 45 000 000 coins lol. The things is to make sure you sell them when their value is higher than what it cost you to breed them. You don't need to wait until they are fully grown but you need to make sure you make profits with each one, if you want to make sure you make money instead of loosing it. Also I catalogued 1 of each of the 50 higher patterns so it cost me way less if I need to have one pattern in particular.

3. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #26383 lisianne, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Yeah, except NB has had *many* updates since Sets were added & it addressed this issue in none of them. OTOH, I often suffer from the same hopeful naïveté as you...

True: XP vs. potions & stamps. Still, no matter what the difference, an artificial, rule-regulated, roadblock is still a roadblock. It's not because I'm angry at NB that I speak my mind but rather because I wish NB well & I *really* think they're making a mistake. Mistakes cost customers. Lost customers=lost profits.

Stopping posting Missions was another inexplicable action & one that could be so easily remedied; group a couple of items from two different floors & voilà! It's not like the huge graphic & creative endeavor of designing new floors as in the most recent update. I updated all floors right away, now what?

Whether it's a PF Set, a TT Mission (RIP), or a PP Global Event, it keeps the player engaged & helps prevent him from potentially abandoning the game out of boredom. Plus, it has the potential for income either from ads or IAPs. Giving up on Missions, given that they were built into the game (!), is a true puzzler.

[Off my soapbox]

Can't say I don't enjoy being one of the usual "victims." With perpetrators like you, crime is no punishment. ;)

p.s.: To all the criminally generous souls out there, many, many thanks: Dom for the Temple Run Starter Set, Maholah for the Frondis, & XXX for the Coclearis.

p.p.s.: Since I had made some headway on the TR Set myself, will have two Starter Sets to gift out sometime tomorrow. Let me know if you're interested. No responses by tomorrow evening, I'll victimize another two random people!

4. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    #26384 AndiNZ1970, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    I sell the 'parent identical' frogs I breed, once they are big enough to turn a profit, the others all get gifted. Also, I've always reserved the very highest level frogs (was lvl 16, now lvl 32) as coin frogs, except on special occasions, eg they were part of a weekly set.

For example, right now I am dexing Cocos Papilio and Emblema. My parent frog in each case is a Cocos Chroma. So I'm breeding them to the Cocos Anuras in turn. All the Emblema offspring get sold when they're profitable, along with Cocos Chroma Papilio clones. The remaining Papilios are tamed and gifted.

Between this and selling Fortunos I find or am gifted, and coins for unwanted gifts in the pond, my coins are increasing. If I found in the past that they were dropping too much, I'd just breed a few Aqua Muscus Signums, as they were worth the most; as yet we don't know what the highest return is in the new breeds, but I'll just breed some Fortunos or Emblemas.

Gonna check the Fortunos to see what the highest value one is, it's probably the new 'top' frog. :)

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    26,984 Violet Callaina Fortuno (several actually at that price) is the highest in mine. Curious if you find one higher.

6. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Nope. That appears to be the new max value. I checked the Emblemas I have dexed as well, and can't see any higher yet, though I'm only around 40% on them.

Never knew you were a Bowie fan... :)

7. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    #26387 SnappyMcfrog, Jan 12, 2013
    Searched the frogs listed on Thonky.com and the Green Tingo Emblema is said to be the most valuable frog, weighing in at 26,991 coins. :) Can anyone verify the value, as I have not dexed this frog yet?

Thanks to Dean for the Fortuno,
    Dtl1081 for the Palma,
    Gracesqx for the Fortuno,
    Nirtew for the Hennae,
    Maholah for the Emblema,
    Miamare for the Signum,
    Quossum for the Emblema

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

Good evening to everyone. :)

8. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Thanks for that, Snappy, I haven't dexed the greens yet. :)

9. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26389 XXXBR, Jan 12, 2013
    Thank you Meplie and andinz for generous responses .... I'm clearing my habitats and organising my catalogue to try some new strategies ....

Also many thanks for gift frogs:

Mahula - lotus and pluma
    Cygnet -frondis and infinitas
    Awboj - pictoris

XXX

Ps: if I forgot to mention anyone who sent gifts recently please forgive me .... I try and keep track .... Sometime my way of doing so fails

10. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Hi Addy Jett ... I accepted your friend request and sent you a templum .... I am in need of a Dimidus.... I can trade a Temple Run starter set if you need or several other templums?

Just let me know

XXX

11. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I sent you one. Nothing needed in return :)

12. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    1coin, really!

Why even waste the time to wrap a present if it only contains 1 coin?

Hi,

I am now up-to-date on the weekly sets, and I'm currently taming the 'Temple Run' set. I'm late to the table but there may still be someone in need of these frogs. If so, let me know.

I have also resumed breeding BLUE frogs (V2 breeds). On an irregular basis I'll have some to share. I am also willing to do blue requests, if it happens to be a breed I haven't tackled yet - which would be just about all of them up to level 30.

Thanks for recent gifts:
    dean288367 (FLECTO beige bruna)
    javaRich (GEMINUS black caelus)
    meplie (ARCUS black folium)
    javaRich (CORNUS blue picea)
    javaRich (LOTUS orange callaina)
    Domenic15 (GEMINUS black albeo) completed my 'Happy 2013' set
    AndiNZ (FLECTO yellow bruna)
    SnappyMcfrog (LIGO green tingo)
    javaRich (LOTUS ?) what! the system failed to deliver it to my mailbox
    meplie (INIFINITAS black carota)

Take care.
    Mal

13. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Tick. Tick. Tick. I have two Temple Run Starter Sets raring to go to some needy souls. Will be randomly gifted if no response by this evening. Tick. Tick. Tick. Time's a wastin'...

p.s.: Thanks to all you wonderful PFers out there who sent me so many gifts! Thanks to Martin for the Infinitus, Snappy for the Fortuno, meplie for the Infinitus, & XXX for the Cornus.

14. AndiNZ1970

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Thank you to Dom and Meplie for the set starters, dean for the Lunaris, and everyone else who's sent gifts recently. :)

15. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Thank you Meplie for your speedy Dimidus gift .... I am currently organising my catalogue with each of the new frogs in order in readiness to clear my habitats for breeding .... There are a handful of frogs I miss and Dimidus was one of them ....

Have been getting friend requests lately from folks who seem to read the forum... Then approach a forum member via GC to ask for frogs .... Bit like the thonky request list.......

Does that happen to others here?

Finally thak you also to
    AndiNz - quilta
    Madmaze - figularis
    And the generous friend who sent a white ceres Botulus .....didn't catch your name

XXX

16. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Could someone please send the Pyramis frogs from the Temple Run set? I'm at level 19 and can't breed them yet. I'll be happy to send a few things in return. Thanks!

17. summerseachild

Nov 17, 2012
    #26397 summerseachild, Jan 12, 2013
    I'm in the exact same boat as the above poster. I'm a level 19, and I can't breed the pyramis frogs for this week's set. (Though if I keep having the awful luck I'm having getting the frogs I want through breeding for other things, I'll BE a level 21 soon...)

Anyway, I'd be happy to trade for anything I can make.

My gamecenter name is summerseachild, btw.

18. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I'll have some ready in a few hours if you still need them by then.

Or if anyone else needs them.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me frogs recently :)

19. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    On the way - 2 each Cocos Aurum & Cocos Callaina PYRAMIS

Take care.
    Mal

20. summerseachild

Nov 17, 2012
    Wow! That was fast! Thank you so much for the pyramis frogs, malbarnes!