App description: An epic adventure through a land of monsters, traps, and magic.

"You should choose to own this adventure" -- Eurogamer

"Inkle's adaptation of Sorcery! takes the genre to a whole new level" -- Kotaku

"This is some of 2013s best interactive storytelling" -- IGN UK

"Beautifully realised ... this gripping tale has us well and truly hooked" -- Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)

"Incredibly impressed" -- Touch Arcade

Top 10 Best Mobile Games of 2013, Mashable.com
Top 20 of 2013, Touch Arcade
Top 25 of 2013, Gamezebo

+ Plot your own journey across a hand-drawn 3D world map
+ Fully interactive story, with 1000s of choices
+ The story is rewritten on the fly based on how you play
+ Unique touch-based sword-duelling, with procedurally-generated descriptions of the action
+ Outwit monsters by learning their weaknesses and tells
+ 48 magic spells to master, with weird and wonderful effects that change the story

"Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time writing a review when I should really just be pointing at a game and demanding that people play it. This is one of those times. Steve Jackson's Sorcery! is an absolutely marvellous fantasy storybook adventure. Lushly illustrated and expertly told, it should not be missed by anyone even remotely interested in the genre." -- Gamezebo

"Lets not mince words here... Sorcerys unique blend of tabletop-like roleplaying (including an incredible combat system quite unlike anything Ive seen before), and elaborate branching pathways with custom scripts preserving the feeling of Steve Jacksons work make me now want to no, HAVE TO acquire an iOS device" - Just Press Start

From legendary designer Steve Jackson, co-founder of Lionhead Studios (with Peter Molyneux), and Fighting Fantasy and Games Workshop (with Ian Livingstone); and inkle, the studio behind the award-winning, App Store featured Frankenstein, Sorcery! is an interactive adventure like never before.

The app uses inklewriter technology to tell your journey in real-time, shaping the story around your choices. The text itself changes based on how you play and what you do, and in combat, the action is description on the fly based on how you play.

Featuring original illustrations by John Blanche, new character art by Eddie Sharam (DC Comics), an interactive map by Mike Schley (Wizards of the Coast) and music by David Wise (Donkey Kong Country).

"The Shamutanti Hills" is Part 1 of 4. Part 2, "Kharé: Cityport of Traps", is out now, and will load all of your completed Part 1 games to continue your adventure. Part 3 is coming later this year (but while you wait, check out our new game, 80 DAYS).

Sanuku's comments:

04-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmen2 View Post
Anyone manage to find a pick axe?
Has anyone told you about a pickaxe? I need on as well
04-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Geez. I can't get passed the dang Manticore with only 6 stamina. I've used several spells against it before engaging it with the sword but have been defeated each time.
I am very late but cast FOG then YOB then ZAP and it should die after you stab it

05-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Sorcery! 1

Survived the fields of the Black Lotus? done.
Met a man with an identical twin? where is it?
Been eaten to death by bats? done.
Collected 5 Giant's teeth? done.
Collected more than seventy Gold Pieces? will try later.
Killed Jann the Minimite? done.
Solved the riddle of Daddu-Ley? which one exactly? i'm getting suspicious.
Been cursed by a spirit? done.
Set off, and survived, all three traps in the Manticore's maze in a single run? done! and quite happy about it.
Completed the game without a single fight (except for the tutorial sparring match)? will try later.

Sorcery! 2

Met Vik the Slaver? yep.
Met the founder of the City of Kharé? yep.
Collected the Green-Haired Wig, the Cloth Skullcap, the Bracelet of Bone and the Gold-backed Mirror in a single run-through? (And we mean, a single one!) what. so it's possible??
Bought the Legendary Sword? Or better still, bought it twice? yep.
Collected more than a hundred and fifty Gold Pieces? whaaaat.
Burned down the market? yep.
Met the Goblin King - and incite a Goblin revolt against him? yep.
Rigged the fight in Dwarftown? yep.
Stolen gems and jewels from the God Courga? yep.
Gone bald? yep.
been replaying the first installment since apparently inkle posted about achievements but ended up trying to beat the creature in Jaiker Mines. I believe I'm getting close though, Daddu-Ley whispered me something about that.. but i guess I'm missing a particular item for a particular spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale12arius View Post
Has anyone told you about a pickaxe? I need on as well
is it really obtainable?
08-24-2014, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M83 View Post
Sorcery! 1

Met a man with an identical twin? where is it?

Solved the riddle of Daddu-Ley? which one exactly? i'm getting suspicious.
Met a man with an identical twin? where is it? I don't recall exactly where, but you come across a bridge and a man demanding a toll - this is near a town. You can refuse to pay. Once you enter the town, stop at the inn and the text will say something like 'you've seen this man before' - the owner of the inn has an identical twin. You can eat a meal and sleep for free if you follow this path.

Solved the riddle of Daddu-Ley? which one exactly? i'm getting suspicious You can explore the caves right at the beginning - you get a new spell TOP - that is pretty darned useless IMO - it's only use is to get out of the very caves you are in. You miss getting some items if you chose to explore the caves, but you get a line of text at the end saying that you've solved the mystery of Daddu-Ley
12-26-2014, 12:32 AM
Sorcery! makes me think of DnD a lot, which i also love! I had not the experience of the original games but this is so great! It makes my memory work by forcing me to remember the spell-book spellings. I might end up writing it all down for my wife, which brings me to my only gripe: I would love to have multiple save-games per profile, or multiple profiles per account. A lot of games have that and I am used to it. As it is, I have to finish my game before my wife can make a character then I will lose my Importable character. Unless I use Titanium backup , but that's a lot of backing up and restoring. I should do that anyway.

Last edited by Abley; 12-26-2014 at 12:37 AM.
04-12-2015, 01:21 AM
2 Emeralds

Does anyone know what/if the use for the 2 emeralds is? And...why are they not carried over to Sorcery! 2?

I have played through both a few times already, and I have done most everything that can be done. My last attempt at Khare` ended with a pretty good haul (doing it in one pass).

Magical Items:
4 beeswax, skullcap, 2 bags of sand, nose plugs, 3 pebbles, 3 Blimberry, flute, 4 goblin teeth, black mask, green wig, bracelet of bone, and 2 sun jewels.

Weapons:
Armband(+1), Large-hand, silver bow, silver chain, and chainmail gauntlet.

I managed to forget to snag the gold backed mirror, so I gotta back track and figure out how to pick that up.

In the Treasure, I have the badge of the seventh noble, and the serpent ring.

I still have the Copper key and Silver key.

In the Other Items listing, there are a few things I have not figure out a use for. There is a Locket, which was picked up in part 1. There is a Paper Fragment, which is lodged in the zombie noble's throat. Then there is the Essence of Bark, which I snagged from the Herbalist. And then the two different sets of teeth that were carried over from part 1. Any ideas on any of these items?

Overall, I have to say, I am really glad I ran across these apps. They have proven to be more entertaining than anything else I have played. Looking forward to picking up the sequels!
04-12-2015, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MehZhure View Post
Does anyone know what/if the use for the 2 emeralds is? And...why are they not carried over to Sorcery! 2?
They're traded in for money at the end of the game.
04-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Where is pick?

Has anyone ever found where the pick is at to mine the diamonds. Is there even a pick to be found in the game?
05-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Sorcery! Walkthrough

Walkthrough for sorcery if anyone is interested

https://sorcerybyinkleguide.wordpres...d-walkthrough/

Feel free to let me know if you know something I don't -- thanks!
05-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MehZhure View Post
In the Other Items listing, there are a few things I have not figure out a use for. There is a Locket, which was picked up in part 1. There is a Paper Fragment, which is lodged in the zombie noble's throat. Then there is the Essence of Bark, which I snagged from the Herbalist. And then the two different sets of teeth that were carried over from part 1. Any ideas on any of these items?
Locket: I haven't found a use for it
Paper Fragment: The other half can be found on the way to the Festival in Sorcery 2 if, and only if, you stop to eat. The two halves together give you Moulas' spell line, but you can also learn it at the Temple of Slaang.
Essence of Bark: I am told this protects you from the Stranglebush in Sorcery 3.
Snattacat and Ape Teeth: Sell them to the tooth merchant in Tinpang in Sorcery 3.