★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Gorodki - a modern twist on a classic Russian folk game.
How to play - Use as few throwing bats as you can to clear all the pieces off the board.

In this electronic reimagining of the classic Russian folk game Gorodki(townships), rendered in 3D with realistic physics, you try and use your throwing bats to knock all of the pins (puzzle pieces) off of the board, the more pins you knock off the board the higher your score.

You can currently share your high scores with your friends on Facebook and Twitter with sharing on other sites coming soon.
07-09-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm interested, however I would like to see a video of the gameplay.

(edit) They do have a video on their site, but it's not great. A lot of quick cuts, zooms and camera shakes with techno music in the background. An odd aesthetic for a physics based puzzle game. I did see enough gameplay to decide on dropping a buck. I'll post impressions later.

Last edited by Collin; 07-09-2014 at 10:10 PM.

07-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Not bad, however there aren't any instructions, and even though it will do a spin around the object when paused, when you unpause the view snaps back to the original viewpoint and I don't see any way to change the angle. The targeting reticule is offset left and above where you are touching, which makes it difficult to aim for low shots. I've played the first 5 levels so far.
07-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Have also played the first five levels and agree with Collin, instructions are needed as it's unclear how to get the better score and what the various power ups do, the orange bat gives a free hit and the green jar clears the whole board, you fill this up by hitting the green stones that appear.

Aiming is off in the same way for me too.
08-23-2014, 07:40 AM
Gorodki now free! Waiting new version 1.2!
08-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Very recommended! See some hints (I unlocked all levels) in the free-thread. I made a video:

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
08-23-2014, 02:47 PM

From version 1.2)
12-15-2014, 07:39 PM
I have done see more than enough gaming to select losing cash.