★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

For those of you with a PSP or DS...

02-21-2009, 04:34 PM
For those of you with a PSP or DS...

Wanted to make a more descriptive title but ran out of room.

I never use the PSP but use the DS for hours at work every day. But I go to shows a lot (live in Vegas) and find myself taking the Touch because it looks more grown up. Lately I've become self-conscious about taking the DS to shows. But with the iDevice I not only look like a grown up, I look cool!
02-21-2009, 04:36 PM
PSP: 13-15 year olds with baggy pants, baseball caps, and skull shirts.
DS: 3-11 year olds and cute, japanese girls in college.

This point has been made I don't know how many times. Point of the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Wanted to make a more descriptive title but ran out of room.

I never use the PSP but use the DS for hours at work every day. But I go to shows a lot (live in Vegas) and find myself taking the Touch because it looks more grown up. Lately I've become self-conscious about taking the DS to shows. But with the iDevice I not only look like a grown up, I look cool!
whats the question?
Well it makes more sense to have it because with the iPhone it's a phone first, they don't know if your txting or email or important stuff... If you whipped out your DS while standing in line somewhere, yeah i'd think you were a nerd ha but you know if it makes you happy don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
chicks love guys that play DS

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
02-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
whats the question?
Do you find yourself leaving the DS/PSP at home and taking the iDevice because you think others are looking at you weird because you're a grown person playing with a kid's toy? BTW I'm 30 years old so depending on your age this may vary
02-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
whats the question?
Ha.

I liked both my devices at first, but I almost "outgrew" my DS except for Mario Kart. I played my psp A LOT one summer, and then my touch came into my life and I haven't touched my psp since. I never carried around my psp or ds to many public events, but now that I have my Touch it's awesome cause I take it everywhere.

P.S. This should be in the lounge

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Do you find yourself leaving the DS/PSP at home and taking the iDevice because you think others are looking at you weird because you're a grown person playing with a kid's toy? BTW I'm 30 years old so depending on your age this may very
I'm 14, so, sure I'd look silly with a DS, but those things are still pretty awesome. I was addicted with mine 'til it broke, then I shifted over to mp3 players.

PSPs, eh, they need serious revamping. They're like bricks, and kinda ugly. Sony, if they know what's good for them, should be getting a new one ready for christmas.
02-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post

P.S. This should be in the lounge
Probably. I haven't ventured out too much outside of this forum, it's a scary world out there

The point of the thread is... since getting the iDevice, do you find yourself using it more in public instead of a DS/PSP because you think people are judging you by playing a portable video game system in public?
02-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Do you find yourself leaving the DS/PSP at home and taking the iDevice because you think others are looking at you weird because you're a grown person playing with a kid's toy? BTW I'm 30 years old so depending on your age this may vary

Quote:
Probably. I haven't ventured out too much outside of this forum, it's a scary world out there

The point of the thread is... since getting the iDevice, do you find yourself using it more in public instead of a DS/PSP because you think people are judging you by playing a portable video game system in public?
Those are two different questions.

edit: nvm. they're not I thought you were talking about what they looked like and what they are.