Halo 1 or 2 port

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Defiance211, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Defiance211

Defiance211 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Since gta3 has been ported to iOS and looks promising, does anyone else think its possible for a halo 1/2 port? Ive heard of a max payne port coming in early 2012.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Don't think will happen(of course it would be awesome though), but mean while you could try N.o.v.a 1 and 2?

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

It is a Microsoft flagship IP. Unlikely to make it's way to iOS any time soon, if ever.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, there is a Mac version of Halo 1...

Frankly, I never expected Microsoft to port Kinectimals to iOS (talk about flagship IP -- there's even a Microsoft product in the name!). Before that I would have agreed with you, but now, I think all bets are off. Not saying it's going to happen, but it just doesn't strike me as impossible anymore.

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, that's the thing that would make me believe an iOS port, but I still don't see it happening.
    I think Microsoft is trying to raise product awareness, and sort of change it's image. Right now, when I show my Windows Phone to people, half of the time their eyes glaze over the instant they hear the word 'Windows' (which is NOT reasonable).
    I just think Microsoft wants to change this mindset. At least, that's the only suggestion I have as to why they've ported Kinectimals, Skydrive and an Xbox Live app to iOS. It's a bit of an odd business strategy.

I would be less doubtful of a port if an official mobile port of Halo was available anywhere, but as of now, there is no mobile port. If a WP7 port was made, I wouldn't be as surprised if an iOS version followed soon after.

6. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Also given MS's nearly non existent marketshare for its phones (low single digits), they have to go where the buyers are.