Universal Zen Pinball - by Zen Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sun Vulcan, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Which of the first three tables do you prefer? (only vote if you've played all three)

1. Sorcerer's Lair

48.0%
  2. Wolverine

23.0%
  3. Captain America

16.4%
  4. Don't like any of them

12.5%
  1. Cowboyman381

Cowboyman381 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Southern US
    You and me both...lol !

I remember those flippers you used to be able to buy that stuck on the side of your keyboard.....remember those ?

I think it was called the Thrustmaster Wizzard Pinball Controller....it was pretty slick, at least for 1996 :p

2. Cowboyman381

Dec 22, 2008
    Southern US

3. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I'm having the issue where it keeps asking for my iTunes password too. It doesn't seem to have any negative effect if you just cancel the request.

Will this be addressed soon?

4. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I never had one of those, but it sounds really cool!

I love my X-arcade Tankstick tho.

I'm having the same problem.

5. Cowboyman381

Dec 22, 2008
    Southern US

I can see why.....I looked at one on Ebay a few minutes ago, that is one nice joystick....Looks like something straight from a arcade !

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Aha! Somebody else with stuttering on iPad 2!

Have I mentioned I despise the mini-playfield in Excalibur? Because I do. A lot.

7. jeffy777

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey guys, add me so we can be pinball buddies:

I'm jeffy777 on GC, but on OF I'm jefferson777

I haven't played Zen very much (I'm more of a real table guy), but I'm going to work on my high scores in preparation for The Pinball Arcade :)

8. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I really like the Excalibur table, but I'd like it a lot more if every mode didn't take so many shots to complete.

9. skeerup

skeerup Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    New table coming soon. Epic Quest. Another designed from the ground up table from Zen.

10. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
  11. playpunk

playpunk Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Teacher, curator, author, artist
    San francisco
    Ok, I haven't read the entire thread but I did see a couple pages back that others were being asked for their iTunes password. I just opened the app to find that the excalibervtable that I paid for two weeks ago is now saying that I don't have this table and I had to pay for it again. What is up with this? Are these tables only on rental? I was under the understanding that bought once you had it forever. Is anybody else experiencing this?

12. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    That bug was supposed to have been quashed with the last update. Are you on the newest version? My guess is you are on the old version and you were not charged even though it said you were. Update the app.

13. GordLacey

GordLacey Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    That describes all the Zen tables (they are all designed by Zen, they don't license anything).

14. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
  15. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    I have the same problem since purchasing the wolverine table 2 days ago, every time I launch the app I get the itunes password popup. I dismiss this and the game plays fine. I never had this problem while I just had the sorcerer's lair and excalibur tables. I have the latest version of Zen. The only other thing I should mention is my ipad2 is jailbroken, but I didn't get the popup before purchasing wolverine even though I was jailbroken. I also have exactly the same problem on my iphone 4s although that is jailbroken too. Can anyone else having this problem confirm if they are jailbroken or not?

16. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

As far as I know there is a problem with IAPs and jailbroken iDevices. Actually it's one of the reasons why devs more and more go the IAP way. (Against piracy.)

BTW ZEN Pinball runs fine on my non-jailbroken iPad 2. No probs with the downloaded tables (I've got them all).

17. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    my iPad is jailbroken and I don't have any problems with IAP (but I have nothing installed that makes pirated apps work)

greetings

MJFox

18. kevlar x

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Neither do I, I have very few jb apps, namely;

infinidock
    infinifolders
    zephyr
    sbsettings

Nothing dodgy at all.

19. jeffy777

Oct 31, 2010
    My iPad 2 is not jailbroken, but I still get the iTunes password popup constantly with this app.......that's ok though because I really don't play it anymore now that I have the beta for The Pinball Arcade :)

20. kevlar x

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    #380 kevlar x, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012

:mad::mad::mad::mad: How is it? I can't wait!